Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

US Visa Revalidation Question!

US Visa Revalidation Question!

Old Dec 11th 2001, 2:01 pm
Posts: n/a

Hello Everyone,

My husband and I have just got our H-1B/H-4 extended. He's Canadian, so he doesn't need a visa stamp. I, on the other hand, will need a visa stamp. We're going to send my passport to the US State Department to validate my visa. The requirements on the State Dept. Web site include "certified copies of the principle alien's valid I-797 and valid I-94". What exactly are "certified copies"? Are they just "notarized" copies by any notary public? My husband's employer has kept the original I-797 (as the INS said on the form that they should do), and my husband needs his original I-94 because he's travelling overseas on business in January. So we cannot really send the original of either! Also, has anyone done this recently? How long approximately does it take nowadays? Your help is much appreciated.


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.