Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

us visa re, marriage

us visa re, marriage

Old Oct 23rd 2002, 12:27 am
Just Joined

marilynev is an unknown quantity at this point
Default us visa re, marriage

I need to know where to start to immigrate to the Us to be married, I live in canada, Can I go o the US and start the procedure there OR can I be married in the states and then come home and start proceding without being forbidden to enter US while wating
Old Oct 23rd 2002, 12:52 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: us visa re, marriage

Originally posted by marilynev:
I need to know where to start to immigrate to the Us to be married, I live in canada, Can I go o the US and start the procedure there OR can I be married in the states and then come home and start proceding without being forbidden to enter US while wating
The quickest way is to have your USC finacee apply for a Fiancee Visa for you via form I-129F and after its approval you will get a package telling you what documents you need, police clearance (RCMP report), medical, long form birth certificate, etc. and you send the checklist back to the US Consulate and they schedule your appointment for an interview. The entire process should take from 4 to 7 months depending on where your fiancee lives.

For the full story read the FAQ.

The K1 FAQ http://www.txdirect.net/users/mike38/k1faq.htm

Rete