Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

US/UK playstation

US/UK playstation

Old Jun 6th 2013, 11:04 pm
Firetrak

ldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond repute
Default US/UK playstation

Hey so i was trying to find the answer to this.

I have a US playstation with US games on disk and from the US PSN store.

What will work in the uk, will my US playstation work in the UK or do i need to buy a new uk playstation. If thats the case, will my US games both disk and PSN store games work on the UK one?
Old Jun 6th 2013, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

Hangzhouguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: US/UK playstation

Im assuming you mean a ps3?

Your US ps will work but you'll need a converter for the plug.

The ps3 is region free so you'll be able to play uk games on it no problem however you won't be able to play uk blu rays or DVDs.

The games you've downloaded from the us store will work but you will need to keep buying things from the us store unless you add a new profile to the ps3 for the uk but then your trophies will be separate (if that matters to you)
Old Jun 7th 2013, 1:08 am
Firetrak

ldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hangzhouguy
Im assuming you mean a ps3?

Your US ps will work but you'll need a converter for the plug.

The ps3 is region free so you'll be able to play uk games on it no problem however you won't be able to play uk blu rays or DVDs.

The games you've downloaded from the us store will work but you will need to keep buying things from the us store unless you add a new profile to the ps3 for the uk but then your trophies will be separate (if that matters to you)
Thanks, yes i meant a PS3. i only care about the videos and games actually working, and glad to hear my us blu-rays will still work, i'm sure i'll just be buying a UK PS4 when it comes out late this year anyway.

PAL is such a stupid tv standard... its time for at least a universal 30fps.
Old Jun 7th 2013, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

Hangzhouguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ldollard
Thanks, yes i meant a PS3. i only care about the videos and games actually working, and glad to hear my us blu-rays will still work, i'm sure i'll just be buying a UK PS4 when it comes out late this year anyway.
No worries. I have a hong kong ps3 so i have us,eu and hk games; whichever is cheaper here in china.

What's your PSN? Maybe we can play online sometime!