Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

US Sport, what's your bag?

View Poll Results: Sport? Suits you sir?
American Football
22.41%
Baseball
15.52%
Basketball
5.17%
Ice Hockey
8.62%
US Soccer
3.45%
All of the above - you can get beer!!
5.17%
Streaming radio 5 live is the only way to go
13.79%
I'd rather pull my own toenails out than endure any of it
25.86%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

US Sport, what's your bag?

Old Nov 1st 2005, 2:47 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Re: US Sport, what's your bag?

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
Exactly, you opinion. Shame is, you know barely anything about the sport, but you cannot help make a comment. Larry Allen plays offensive line for the Cowboys. He is 6 ft 3 and weighs 325 pounds. He can bench 700 pounds and squat 900. He's hardly a Big Mac eating slob. Hitting in rugby and hitting in football are two different things. so, if you don't like it and have no interest, do us all a favor and give your post count a rest. I haven't watched a proper football match in almost two years, but I'm not in the football thread shouting my mouth off.

Does he prefer "Wendy's" then?
Old Nov 1st 2005, 2:49 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
so how did this all swing to american footie then anyway? no one give a toss about hockey or baseball then?
It's all about BMI seemingly
Old Nov 1st 2005, 2:50 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bob
so how did this all swing to american footie then anyway? no one give a toss about hockey or baseball then?
Hockey's OK I can watch that . Out of the 2 I prefer baseball by a mile.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 3:37 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Hiro11
Jayzus, the guy hasn't been in the league for 20 years. Even when he was in the league, he was little more than a joke. Find a better example, please.
Actually i think he is a prime example!!
Old Nov 1st 2005, 3:39 am
Account Closed

You're also aware that linemen are typically world-class power lifters and surprisingly fast, right?.
Surprisingly fast? As in "surprisingly fast for a fat guy" you mean?
Old Nov 1st 2005, 4:54 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
It's all about BMI seemingly
hehe...yeah..scary thought for who ever has to measure them up
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

Oggie Oi! has a spectacular aura aboutOggie Oi! has a spectacular aura aboutOggie Oi! has a spectacular aura about

As one of the few Brits how has actually suited up to play American football and thereby can speak from experience, those big guys are quick and terrifyingly strong. There are a couple of oversized blokes on every team who are more valued for their strenght than their speed, but they are the exception. The majority of players are incredibly fast and powerful.

I played rugger for my school in the UK but never got hit anywhere near as hard as I did while playing American football. Rugby is about grabbing and leaning to stop progress, while American football is about trying to knock the other guy off his feet, resulting in violent collisions.

I still like Ameican football, but I have grown to love the NHL. I have tried to get into baseball, but just can't do it.
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 7:42 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
Surprisingly fast? As in "surprisingly fast for a fat guy" you mean?
Seriously, go watch a game (preferably a college game) sometime with someone who can explain what's happening to you. I'll bet you enjoy it.
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 8:54 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously, go watch a game (preferably a college game) sometime with someone who can explain what's happening to you. I'll bet you enjoy it.
college? college basketball is pretty cool, but the other college games i've seen i found rather dull to watch...but a problem with a lot of these US sports, they need to be seen live at the stadium to get the whole atmosphere, watching them on tele is just plain dull with all the stoppages that you just lose the whole will to live....it's a bit like watching golf on tele...eek
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 11:30 pm
Account Closed

I'll take that bet and you can square up with paypal if you like!!

Last edited by rushman; Nov 2nd 2005 at 11:33 pm.
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 11:35 pm
Banned

Terrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to behold

Collage football.
Pro football.
Baseball

The rest is just shit. Basketball is about the worst game ever.
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 11:38 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Terrier
Collage football.
Do they do it with dried pasta and powder paint?
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 11:40 pm
Account Closed

Do they do it with dried pasta and powder paint?

Dont be so ridiculous!!!!!!!

They use screwed up bit of coloured tissue paper and glue made from flour and water!!
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by rushman
Dont be so ridiculous!!!!!!!

They use screwed up bit of coloured tissue paper and glue made from flour and water!!
And Tony Hart Umpires
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 11:44 pm
Account Closed

And Tony Hart Umpires

"And now for the gallery"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.