Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

US Presidential candidates

US Presidential candidates

Old Dec 5th 2007, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

gazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US Presidential candidates

Twiggy1984: I must admit, Obama does seem like a breath of fresh air compared to all the others, Democrat or Republican.

Some Democrats aren`t gonna be so stupid to vote Republican just so Hillary can`t get the White House are they? What, and risk getting another Republican as Prez? :curse:
Old Dec 5th 2007, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

Seahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gazza64
Really? I thought the US prez couldn`t serve no more two terms.

I kind of like Hillary. Must be a power thang!

Even if i could vote(which i can`t) it`ll be between Hillary or Obama for the Dems. Sorry, just couldn`t vote republican. They`re to sleazy and lets face it, everyones had enough of Dubya.
And the democrats are not. Give me an effing break. If someone does not like the president no matter who it is (Dem, Rep, etc), the office should be respected.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

gazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond repute

I DO and would respect the Office of President, just not Dubya. Who can truly say he`s been a good President??? The war in Iraq costing hundreds of thousands of lives, failing to sign up for ANY environmental laws, countless lies, and abuses of power, low standing of the US in the world, need i go on?
Even people withing the republicans can`t wait to get rid of him!
Old Dec 5th 2007, 6:32 pm
Silly fool for love

twiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by gazza64
Twiggy1984: I must admit, Obama does seem like a breath of fresh air compared to all the others, Democrat or Republican.

Some Democrats aren`t gonna be so stupid to vote Republican just so Hillary can`t get the White House are they? What, and risk getting another Republican as Prez? :curse:
Thing is, it could very well happen!

I remember a poll (can't remember which one as there have been more than I can think of) which measured the percentage of people who would NOT vote for a nominee, if they were put up as candidates.

Hillary topped that one, and this poll frightens me because...

It essentially means that if she were to get the democratic nomination, more democrats would either vote for someone else, or refuse to vote just to prevent her from getting to the White house.

And if that ends up being the case, it would mean that a great number of what would previously have been democratic votes, would either go off the radar or be given to the republicans.

Gaaaah!! It scares the crap out of me!
Old Dec 5th 2007, 7:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Titchski
But nowhere near as much fun as saying:

"Are you trying to get me deported? Its ILLEGAL for me to give money to your campaign, you could get me shot! Now get off the phone, I could be the target of a warrant-less wiretap you imbecile!"
True, that is more entertaining
Old Dec 5th 2007, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

[/QUOTE]p.s. if you are not a US citizen, you can politely tell people who are soliciting money that it is illegal for you to contribute to any US election. Great way of getting away from the fundraisers.[/QUOTE]

That's a good strategy for getting rid of the fundraisers but in reality, so long as you are an LPR, you can contribute to the coffers:

http://www.fec.gov/pages/brochures/foreign.shtml
Old Dec 6th 2007, 3:18 am
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
I met ken clarke about 15 years ago...
I met Michael Jack years ago. Tory twat. The milk snatcher came to our street when I was a kid and we all had great fun chanting maggie maggie maggie, out out out!!!! It were propa bo a tell thee!!!!
Old Dec 7th 2007, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

clarky2o2o is an unknown quantity at this point

I met charles kennedy (yeah it was in a pub) once. he seemed "fluent" in his answers to every political question thrown at him including the most important question "whos hotter katie price or jodie marsh"

i voted him based on that answer
Old Dec 7th 2007, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

Jodie Marsh of course! hic
Old Dec 11th 2007, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Michaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to all

I would put money that Rudy will be the next president . As for sleaze i would say ever president of the US has been Sleazy to a degree the important thing is that there sleaze represents the publics Sleaze .

Sounds kinda crazy saying that but Reagan and Clinton were both real good Presidents both bent the rules for themselves from time to time . But the majority of people thought it was either a good thing or really didnt matter . a huge difference from a current leadership
Old Dec 11th 2007, 11:18 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michaelmike5556
Sounds kinda crazy saying that but Reagan and Clinton were both real good Presidents .
what basis do you have for saying Reagan was 'real good'?
Old Dec 11th 2007, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

marriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond repute

compared to Bush?

Edit: balls, it's the bloke, forgot to log in.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 11:47 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marriedtothemod
compared to Bush?

Edit: balls, it's the bloke, forgot to log in.
lets please not use him as a yardstick...
Old Dec 12th 2007, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Tootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond repute

We need a constitution, with a 22nd ammendment for London.
Old Dec 12th 2007, 12:50 am
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

I don't consider myself a Republican but I will have to say that he affected my life in a positive way. He was responsible for increasing military spending and raising the morale of our troops after they had taken a serious blow during the Vietnam war. My dad will tell you that it was pretty bleak for all those involved. Because of this spending, my father's chances of becoming a 'career man' became a reality. I and so many other dependents, spouses, and civilian workers benefited from this as well. I would definitely be a different person had this not occurred. For that I'm thankful for his administration. However on the other hand his economic policies had a lot left to be desired.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.