Reload this Page >

US Post Office Rant!!!

Wikiposts

US Post Office Rant!!!

Old Jan 12th 2010, 11:29 am

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: US Post Office Rant!!!

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Ha ha....I immediately thought 'great idea'....then just looked down at the keyboard on my laptop and there isn't a numbered keypad to the right, just the numbers going along the top of the QWERTY keys...
One of the function keys will act as a "Num Lock" and turn part of the main keyboard into a numeric keypad. Look for numbers in boxes on the letters to the right of the keyboard.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 2:10 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake
Makes me wonder how Next can charge only $10 shipping for your order regardless of its size. Quite a deal!
Companies negotiate mass discounts with the shipping companies us normal folk cannot get.

However don't like the price being paid don't have to pay it, Fedex and UPS are options but I venture they will be a tad more.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 2:13 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wordfool
USPS is very good domestically (far better than the Royal Fail) but utterly hopeless for international shipping in my experience -- expensive and slow.

It's also slow receiving international packages, evidently. My dad shipped a large package to me before Xmas. Royal Mail tracking inidcated it arrived in the US a few days later. It then took about 10 days to get from wherever it landed to me. Factoring in a few days at most for customs clearance, the USPS must have put it on the back of a donkey for the final leg for the trip.
Gotta remember US Customs slows down any arriving mail from international locations and yes packages at Christmas can easily sit in customs for 1-2 weeks before being cleared by US Customs and released to the post office.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 2:21 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Gotta remember US Customs slows down any arriving mail from international locations and yes packages at Christmas can easily sit in customs for 1-2 weeks before being cleared by US Customs and released to the post office.
I had the reverse type of problem several years ago, paid for Express delivery to UK for Xmas to DH. Once it hit the UK treated like regular mail, didn't make it there in time for Xmas, add on Boxing Day holiday..........
Old Jan 12th 2010, 2:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Companies negotiate mass discounts with the shipping companies us normal folk cannot get.
And thank goodness they do! I'm becoming quite a fan of my husband in Next clothes.
Old Jan 13th 2010, 3:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gingerert
Her daughter weighed the same as the book.

Silly billy.
Ahhhh, so the post caught her eye? she said the thread, I was wondering where the connection was between babies and the USPS?
Old Jan 13th 2010, 4:26 am
Ginger Monkey

Gingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishtart
Ahhhh, so the post caught her eye? she said the thread, I was wondering where the connection was between babies and the USPS?
Does the baby-delivering stork work for USPS thesse days?
Old Jan 13th 2010, 7:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Ha ha....I immediately thought 'great idea'....then just looked down at the keyboard on my laptop and there isn't a numbered keypad to the right, just the numbers going along the top of the QWERTY keys...

Ho hum. Will continue to type GBP instead!

Thanks to ChocolateBabz and yourself for the suggestions though..
If you really want to you can set your keyboard to UK. As long as you can remember where all the keys are be you'll be fine!
Old Jan 13th 2010, 8:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gingerert
Does the baby-delivering stork work for USPS thesse days?
They are pretty desperate for work these days, wouldn't surprise me if they were doing a merger with the stork!