US Passport

Old Nov 12th 2006, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

query is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nice
Default US Passport

Hi,

My green cards says Resident since 06/04 (IR6), when should apply for US passport ??? Also, what application/documents i need to submit ?

Thanks
-query
Old Nov 12th 2006, 3:38 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US Passport

Originally Posted by query
Hi,

My green cards says Resident since 06/04 (IR6), when should apply for US passport ??? Also, what application/documents i need to submit ?

Thanks
-query

I would suggest applying after you become a USC...
Old Nov 12th 2006, 3:39 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanks
-query
How did you obtain your permanent residency status? Through marriage? Through work? Through the green card lottery??

If by 06/04 you mean the date on your green card is June 4th, then what year was it? If you mean June 2004, what day in June is it?

You need to provide more information in order to get any answers.

Did you bother searching the forums for answers first? You don't have to answer that -- it was a rhetorical question...

~ Jenney
Old Nov 12th 2006, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

query is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nice

Originally Posted by Elvira
I would suggest applying after you become a USC...

Wow, very funny !!

I mentioned in my message that it's IR6 (IR6 bassed on marriage).

Anyway, thanks . I found all info.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 3:59 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, very funny !!

I mentioned in my message that it's IR6 (IR6 bassed on marriage).

Anyway, thanks . I found all info.
No, she was being funny but dead serious. Being a PR does not entitle you to a US Passport. You need to be a US Citizen.

Geez!
Old Nov 12th 2006, 4:09 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanks
-query
Around about 03/07, you can put in your naturalization petition (N-400). Budget 6 to 18 months for this. Straight after you have taken the oath, you can apply for a US passport at the post office. Budget 2 to 3 weeks for this.
Old Nov 13th 2006, 9:09 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Around about 03/07, you can put in your naturalization petition (N-400). Budget 6 to 18 months for this. Straight after you have taken the oath, you can apply for a US passport at the post office. Budget 2 to 3 weeks for this.

Er, 2-3 weeks to get a US passport-no, double or triple it...........
Old Nov 13th 2006, 9:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Er, 2-3 weeks to get a US passport-no, double or triple it...........
Really.

I've just been looking at a company who can obtain US PP's within a day or so. My daughter (hopefully) will become a US citizen on 6th Dec. She is at uni in Canada...fortunately until the end of the year she should be able to come and go using her drivers licence. Hopefully she will get her US PP before Jan 1st.
Old Nov 13th 2006, 9:31 pm
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Hi,

Thanks
-query
I just applied for my first US passport on Thursday last. I produced my DL and Naturalisation Certificate. That was all.

BTW, has anyone here applied for a child's first UK passport from within the US?
Old Nov 13th 2006, 9:32 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Really.

I've just been looking at a company who can obtain US PP's within a day or so. My daughter (hopefully) will become a US citizen on 6th Dec. She is at uni in Canada...fortunately until the end of the year she should be able to come and go using her drivers licence. Hopefully she will get her US PP before Jan 1st.
As memory serves, you bring home the Nat. Cert. from the ceremony.
Old Nov 13th 2006, 9:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gardnma
As memory serves, you bring home the Nat. Cert. from the ceremony.
Yes then you can go the the PO with all the relevant documents and apply for the PP. I have also read sometimes there are officials available after the oath ceremony to assist with US PP applications.
Old Nov 13th 2006, 9:39 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Yes then you can go the the PO with all the relevant documents and apply for the PP. I have also read sometimes there are officials available after the oath ceremony to assist with US PP applications.
Don't remember that - but you may be correct. Oh, do check that they put the date on her Cert. They forgot to on mine.
Old Nov 13th 2006, 9:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Don't remember that - but you may be correct. Oh, do check that they put the date on her Cert. They forgot to on mine.
Thanks...I'll do that.
Old Nov 13th 2006, 10:07 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

BTW, has anyone here applied for a child's first UK passport from within the US?
There's been a few threads on it, probably last one being a few months back in the end of summer.
Old Nov 13th 2006, 10:10 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bob
There's been a few threads on it, probably last one being a few months back in the end of summer.
Oh bugger, I have to look for the information !!!!.

Ta Norman.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.