Wikiposts

US names

Old May 11th 2005, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud of
Default Re: US names

Originally Posted by izibear
England???. Roflmao!
Just started working with a contractor called English.......good job I only ever speak to her on the phone.......I crack up every time I hear her name!
Old May 11th 2005, 1:23 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

My Mrs has a friend (American, obviously) from college who has a sister whose first and middle names are (I kid you not) "Windsor" and "Eton".

So why do so many Americans give their daughters names that are more at home as surnames, or names that are incontrovertibly boys' names??? In this country I have encountered women named Owen, Robin (fairly common, that one), Michael, etc.

My Mrs also posesses a book about marathon running written by an American woman called....Gordon.
Old May 11th 2005, 1:28 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveC
What cracks me up is the made up names like Braden/Jaden/Caden and the imaginative spellings - I must've seen "Caitlin" spelled 20 different ways.
uh oh.... now you've gone an done it!!!!!

my youngest is called Braden! I love that name and found it in the baby name book!!!!!

better watch your back mister........be :scared: be very :scared: !!

Old May 11th 2005, 1:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lottie
Just started working with a contractor called English
Why, oh why, oh why?
Old May 11th 2005, 1:38 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

some great names the missus had on the phone over the last week...Ima Hore and Mrs Kuntslinger...
Old May 11th 2005, 1:48 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
some great names the missus had on the phone over the last week...Ima Hore and Mrs Kuntslinger...
*lol* no crank callers then

They sound like names from an Austin Powers movie
Old May 11th 2005, 1:53 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
*lol* no crank callers then

They sound like names from an Austin Powers movie
proper names, on there credit cards and everything...
the kuntslinger was great, the missus gave her the benefit of the doubt and said Koonslinger...but the women corrected her and said it was definately kunt...*lol*
Old May 11th 2005, 2:00 pm
Back Again

Originally Posted by Bob
proper names, on there credit cards and everything...
the kuntslinger was great, the missus gave her the benefit of the doubt and said Koonslinger...but the women corrected her and said it was definately kunt...*lol*
no way!!!! you've got to be kidding!!!

LMAO!!!!
Old May 11th 2005, 2:06 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

my youngest is called Braden! I love that name and found it in the baby name book!!!!!
Fair do's, and my apologies again! My wife and I aren't adventurous enough to give our kids modern names. We're expecting a little boy in October and we're struggling to come up with a name.

I remember reading an article in one of my wife's magazines giving potential parents advise on creating names and I was certain that Braden was one of the made up names.
Old May 11th 2005, 2:12 pm
Back Again

Fair do's, and my apologies again! My wife and I aren't adventurous enough to give our kids modern names. We're expecting a little boy in October and we're struggling to come up with a name.

I remember reading an article in one of my wife's magazines giving potential parents advise on creating names and I was certain that Braden was one of the made up names.
go on live a little call him ..........................

BRADEN!!!!

I fell in love with it as soon as i saw it(half way through the pregnancy) funny though he is my third and I'd been quite boring with my first two *lol* I've actually met a few Braden's here in Houston but only one of them was older than mine.......hopefully it'll not get too popular and looking on the bright side I don't think the girls will pinch it
Old May 11th 2005, 2:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

There is someone in our Tokyo office with the lastname 'Fukasa', and another person from China called 'Fanny Chen'.
Old May 11th 2005, 2:15 pm
Back Again

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
There is someone in our Tokyo office with the lastname 'Fukasa', and another person from China called 'Fanny Chen'.
oh that reminds me the wife of my hubby's old boss was called Fanny...she was a right ****** too!
Old May 11th 2005, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Just watch MTV for an hour or two and you'll see some of the most stupid names you have ever seen. Some of the parents should be shot. One really sticks out. It was from an early episode of Making the Band 3 and there was a young lady called "Passion" only she spelt it "Paschon"!
Old May 11th 2005, 2:43 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

go on live a little call him ..........................

BRADEN!!!!
LOL! How about if we name him Braden but spell it as "Brae'dy'n"?
Old May 11th 2005, 3:58 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

LOL! How about if we name him Braden but spell it as "Brae'dy'n"?
Do you want your kid to not be able to spell his name till he's 5? *lol*

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.