Reload this Page >

US mobile phone

US mobile phone

Old Feb 18th 2012, 9:09 am
Banned

mehoneymonster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default US mobile phone

Hey all

When people come to US and want to use a mobile phone the roaming charges are+++

Is it best for them to get a sim and put it in a phone?

They don't seem to sell sims a readily as in England.

Ideas anyone?

Best wishes
Old Feb 18th 2012, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US mobile phone

Originally Posted by mehoneymonster
Hey all

When people come to US and want to use a mobile phone the roaming charges are+++

Is it best for them to get a sim and put it in a phone?

They don't seem to sell sims a readily as in England.

Ideas anyone?

Best wishes
The only networks that use SIMs here are AT&T and T-Mobile. AT&T do GoPhone PAYG SIMs. You pay $2 for unlimited use each day you use it. Their network is pretty bad in very built up areas though.

Don't forget to get your phone unlocked before you leave the UK.
Old Feb 18th 2012, 1:20 pm
Banned

Can you buy those sims in store or is eBay better option?

How do the sim less networks work? Must be v restrictive
Old Feb 18th 2012, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of folks from the sub Continent in the Atlanta area end up with Metro PCS so they can call or text back home
http://www.metropcs.com/metro/catego...oPCS/cat290017

from $40 a month
Old Feb 18th 2012, 2:35 pm
Banned

I don't think any plan would let you call the subcontinent for free am I wrong? I know none allow you to call UK mobiles for free

Your link went to a page on the site with no info. Any other page relevant?
Old Feb 18th 2012, 3:24 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Funny I just saw this thread coincidence
I have been with AT&T for 8 years and am sick of getting bloody ridiculous outrages charges, I pay give or take a $ each month $150 so today after alot of research and even having to pay the get out contract fee...I am going to go over to Boost part of Sprint, unlimited $49.99 for everything the coverage is better than Metro PCS yes it's a PAYG but in this instance it's unlimited pre-paid for the month, and cheap calls to the UK.

http://www.boostmobile.com/ great reviews and today is change over for me.
Old Feb 18th 2012, 3:52 pm
Banned

150 bucks is insane even with the 2$ a day deal shouldnt be more than 60 bucks a month how it get that much??

maybe metro would have reduced rates to the subcontinent and I very much doubt it would be free!
Old Feb 18th 2012, 4:02 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

150 bucks is insane even with the 2$ a day deal shouldnt be more than 60 bucks a month how it get that much??

maybe metro would have reduced rates to the subcontinent and I very much doubt it would be free!
Yes it is insane, my room-mate has Verizon and she pays nearly $140 it's a rip off.
Old Feb 18th 2012, 4:23 pm
Banned

does boost include say 1gb of data or something? when 3 mobile give the lot for £35 in the UK one wonders where all the extra dollars here go to?!
Old Feb 18th 2012, 4:39 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Buy a cheap pay-as-you-go from a super market. (phones are cheap, minute rate is not so cheap, but good for occasional use)

like this thing will be about $20.00 in a super-market

Last edited by kimilseung; Feb 18th 2012 at 4:53 pm.
Old Feb 18th 2012, 4:55 pm

does boost include say 1gb of data or something? when 3 mobile give the lot for £35 in the UK one wonders where all the extra dollars here go to?!
I just called boost and its unlimited no cap and no contract.
Old Feb 18th 2012, 5:03 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
I have a Wal Mart PAYG, cost leass that $20 and $10 a month. I have over a thousand minutes to use, never will.
Old Feb 18th 2012, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by Boiler
I have a Wal Mart PAYG, cost leass that $20 and $10 a month. I have over a thousand minutes to use, never will.
Does it have unlimited texting and internet!!
Old Feb 18th 2012, 6:29 pm
Banned

I wouldnt mind knowing more about this walmart phone if possible!!
Old Feb 18th 2012, 7:04 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Might be no cap, but do they throttle the speed after x amount of data? Most of them do after a few mb's on the PAYG plans.

So it might be 4G and unlimited, but that drops down to dial up after 100MB for instance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.