British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   US London Embassy Interview Questions (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/us-london-embassy-interview-questions-284721/)

Berta Feb 16th 2005 5:14 pm

US London Embassy Interview Questions

Hello, we finally have an interview date! :) I remember seeing a great post someone put here somewhere that gave a listing of the older and newer interview questions given at the US London Embassy Interview. Does anyone know what i'm talking about and where I can find a listing of these questions and what to expect during the interview process? I promise i've searched for that same page I stumbled onto before coming here to ask.. ;) Thanks everyone.

Pimpbot Feb 16th 2005 5:21 pm

Re: US London Embassy Interview Questions

I think all I was asked, was where did you meet, have you been there, has she been here.

Pimpbot Feb 16th 2005 5:28 pm

Of course, that was for a K1 visa.

Rete Feb 16th 2005 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by Berta
Hello, we finally have an interview date! :) I remember seeing a great post someone put here somewhere that gave a listing of the older and newer interview questions given at the US London Embassy Interview. Does anyone know what i'm talking about and where I can find a listing of these questions and what to expect during the interview process? I promise i've searched for that same page I stumbled onto before coming here to ask.. ;) Thanks everyone.

Perhaps you might want to post it in the immigration forums, in particular the marriage-based one, rather than in the social and cultural forums.

If you go to the marriage-based forum and enter the second root post under my name you will see an URL for interview experiences. Go to the K-1 interview section and then to the UK section and read what others experienced on their interview day.

Bob Feb 16th 2005 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
Of course, that was for a K1 visa.

More questions than me then...for K1 too....

Big D Feb 16th 2005 8:06 pm

Don't think they really asked anything - just went through the papers - confirmed job title and a couple of other things

Suffolk Bumpkin Feb 17th 2005 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by Berta

HI,

I was askedthe following questions (followed by my real replies):

1) Have you met? yes

2) What is her birthday? Err......2nd Jan (its really the 7th!!)

3) So you dont even know your fiancees birthday? Err....nope.(feeling like a big twit, and thinking he'll never give me the visa now)

4) Do you love her? OF COURSE (scowl)!!!!! (that kinda shut him up and satisfied his need for confirmation).

Take some photos of the two of you together (and smiling, dancing and flitting about happily, or whatever) to EVERY interview you attend ALL THE WAY DOWN THE LINE of the visa process. They dont always ask them in the appointment confirmation letters - but we've had them ask us for them at the interviews just the same.

Also - I spoke to a little chinese woman who actually issued the visa that day, and she was very friendly and chatty (I could have kissed her). She said she had a good gut feeling for genuine cases and dodgy cases, she'd been doing it for so long. Ours was, of course, as genuine as the Queens German ancestry and she issued the visa quickly. (that plus the cute hang dog eyes expression I'd been practising for 2 weeks before hand.

Blurb

Try not to worry - they're generally very quick and efficient, and act like human beings. Though thats just our experience.