Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

US insurance

US insurance

Old Jun 17th 2002, 7:20 pm
Craig

Default US insurance

I have my interview in London next week, and I hope to be with my fiancee in the US
within 10 days (!). I now need to organise some insurance for myself until we are
married. Does anyone have some useful contacts for this?

Old Jun 17th 2002, 8:28 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US insurance

Craig

How long after entry will it be before you are married? If it is only a month, might not be worth private insurance. Have you looked into traveler's health insurance coverage for that inbetween period? I know in Canada there is a company that will provide coverage to Canucks living in the US. Perhaps you can find one similar in your country.

Rete

PS as I am typing this is a banner ad for BUPA International health insurance.
Old Jun 17th 2002, 10:20 pm
Mrtravel

craig wrote:
    >
    > I have my interview in London next week, and I hope to be with my fiancee in the US
    > within 10 days (!). I now need to organise some insurance for myself until we are
    > married. Does anyone have some useful contacts for this?

Doesn't your fiance? After all, she is here. She should contact her insurance agent
and ask about this.

Old Jun 18th 2002, 12:20 am
Nick Hardy

Hi

I tried the travel insurance route but had no luck as they want you to be going back
to the UK. I settled on Fortis Insurance short term, or is it John Alden short
term...... I think one is a subsidary of the other. I can't really vouch for them as
all I've had to do is send them money, not claim any back. Most comnpanies are good
at receiving money...

Nick

[email protected] (craig) wrote in message
news:<[email protected] om>...
    > I have my interview in London next week, and I hope to be with my fiancee in the US
    > within 10 days (!). I now need to organise some insurance for myself until we are

Old Jun 18th 2002, 2:20 am
Alvena Ferreira

There are some links in the adapting to the US section of the doc steen site, I
think. Click the "adapting" link for more info. Alvena

Doc Steen Site: http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
=========================================
I am not a lawyer and this is not immigration advice. This is my personal opinion,
gleaned from the previous postings of others, and posted for the purpose of
discussion only. If your case is complicated, then you may need an immigration
attorney. Locate an immigration attorney in your area at: http://www.aila.org
=========================================

craig wrote:
    >