Reload this Page >

US: Immigrants May Be Held Indefinitely

US: Immigrants May Be Held Indefinitely

Old Nov 14th 2006, 5:59 pm
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough
Default Re: US: Immigrants May Be Held Indefinitely

Originally Posted by kingfisher241049
No, but I hope to......... Officer can you help me, I need a shoulder patch........
He'll probably just shoot you.

BTW, I have a UK Specials patch somewhere.......
Old Nov 14th 2006, 5:59 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Elvira
I guess what you are trying to say is that we should take this back to the topic of the original discussion and let our personal egos out of it?

Agreed!

Uh, yeah, that's it.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 6:00 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Post Re: US: Immigrants May Be Held Indefinitely

Originally Posted by gardnma
He'll probably just shoot you.

BTW, I have a UK Specials patch somewhere.......
Great, I would like that!!
Old Nov 14th 2006, 6:03 pm
Account Closed

Great, I would like that!!
I also have patches of Madness, Clash, Damned and others......

I would part with it, but it belonged to a lifelong mate of mine who is now a Sergeant and will be interested in talking to you regarding "Impersonation of a Police Officer".
Old Nov 14th 2006, 6:05 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Post Re: US: Immigrants May Be Held Indefinitely

I also have patches of Madness, Clash, Damned and others......

I would part with it, but it belonged to a lifelong mate of mine who is now a Sergeant and will be interested in talking to you regarding "Impersonation of a Police Officer".
Nah!! I collect patches, not uniforms. You would need a combination of patch, badge, and uniform for that.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 6:45 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Nah!! I collect patches, not uniforms. You would need a combination of patch, badge, and uniform for that.

Why did you start a thread on a serious subject if you just want to piss around?
Old Nov 14th 2006, 6:48 pm
Slight chance of Showers

dan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond repute

Why did you start a thread on a serious subject if you just want to piss around?
Kingfisher is like a personal BE RSS feed. He snoops out the top stories relating to US expats and provides links for our ( and mainly his) entertainment.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 6:52 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dan_alford
Kingfisher is like a personal BE RSS feed. He snoops out the top stories relating to US expats and provides links for our ( and mainly his) entertainment.

Some F0C$ing entertainment
Old Nov 14th 2006, 6:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Some F0C$ing entertainment
You mean you don't want to talk about police patches?
Old Nov 14th 2006, 6:59 pm
Slight chance of Showers

dan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
You mean you don't want to talk about police patches?
I think she would be more interested if they were opera related police patches.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 7:06 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Whether you have family here or not...it is your decision to come to the US. If you cannot go back to your homeland because you fear for your safety...the US is not the only country you can live in. BTW we have an Iranian/Iraqi friend who has lived in the US for over 30 years and is very happy here...even though he is questioned almost every time he enters the US...which is at least once per week.
I suppose the concern is what could happen if it became law that he could be detained indefinitely on suspicion of something.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 7:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally
I suppose the concern is what could happen if it became law that he could be detained indefinitely on suspicion of something.
Like I said he is very happy to be living here. BTW after he escaped from Iraq he lived in the UK before coming in the US...he could go back there if he so wished.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Nov 14th 2006 at 7:31 pm.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 7:15 pm
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure WASPs and similar have very little to be concerned about. I expect people of Middle Eastern origin feel differently (special registration anyone? )

As for "don't come (or get out) if you don't like it", I am sure you realise it's not as easy as that - especially for those with family here, and those who would have to fear for their safety if they were to go back.

Let's face it, the US has changed dramatically in the past 5 years. It scares me, where they seem to be heading.
Well said.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 7:36 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Sally
Like the Japanese and Germans were in WW2? The stance of the right seems to be that we are at war and therefore they can justify (and have done) just about anything they feel like. Thats the scary sh!t right there, IMO. All they have to do is wave the "Bloody Shirt" and anything goes. Trouble is, if anything goes, eventually, everything may.

Personally, I am afraid for my children, but that's another thread, innit?
Old Nov 14th 2006, 7:42 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Like the Japanese and Germans were in WW2? The stance of the right seems to be that we are at war and therefore they can justify (and have done) just about anything they feel like. Thats the scary sh!t right there, IMO. All they have to do is wave the "Bloody Shirt" and anything goes. Trouble is, if anything goes, eventually, everything may.

Personally, I am afraid for my children, but that's another thread, innit?
They'll be ok as long as they're citizens.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.