Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

US: Immigrants May Be Held Indefinitely

US: Immigrants May Be Held Indefinitely

Old Nov 14th 2006, 5:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US: Immigrants May Be Held Indefinitely

Originally Posted by Hiro11
I hearby invoke Godwin's Law.
And we're only on the 2nd page!
Old Nov 14th 2006, 5:03 pm
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Hiro11
I hearby invoke Godwin's Law.
........*CLUNK* (Sound of a King being flipped over).
Old Nov 14th 2006, 5:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
As for "don't come (or get out) if you don't like it", I am sure you realise it's not as easy as that - especially for those with family here, and those who would have to fear for their safety if they were to go back.

Let's face it, the US has changed dramatically in the past 5 years. It scares me, where they seem to be heading.

Whether you have family here or not...it is your decision to come to the US. If you cannot go back to your homeland because you fear for your safety...the US is not the only country you can live in. BTW we have an Iranian/Iraqi friend who has lived in the US for over 30 years and is very happy here...even though he is questioned almost every time he enters the US...which is at least once per week.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 5:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Whether you have family here or not...it is your decision to come to the US. If you cannot go back to your homeland because you fear for your safety...the US is not the only country you can live in. BTW we have an Iranian/Iraqi friend who has lived in the US for over 30 years and is very happy here...even though he is questioned almost every time he enters the US...which is at least once per week.
I can almost hear the Stormtroopers marching....
Old Nov 14th 2006, 5:22 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Whether you have family here or not...it is your decision to come to the US. .
Yes, but once you're here, things get a lot more difficult!

Do you ever venture out of your cosy little castle?
Old Nov 14th 2006, 5:35 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
I can almost hear the Stormtroopers marching....
Have you ever seen a Massachusetts state trooper?
Old Nov 14th 2006, 5:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, but once you're here, things get a lot more difficult!

Do you ever venture out of your cosy little castle?

Only to visit the opera.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 5:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by gardnma
No; do they look like this:

Or this:

???
Old Nov 14th 2006, 5:45 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, thanks for that. I did get the gist of it from memory.
Due to how uncannily accurate the quote is I feel it deserves to be posted accurately ...
When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 5:47 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
No; do they look like this:

Or this:

???
Bugger I.
Just sh!t myself.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 5:50 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Only to visit the opera.

I consider your remark offensive
Old Nov 14th 2006, 5:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Oh no...it wasn't meant to be.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 5:54 pm
Account Closed

Not to interrupt and be offensive, but this whole thing is very offensive and I find myself deeply offended by that.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 5:56 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Post Re: US: Immigrants May Be Held Indefinitely

No, but I hope to......... Officer can you help me, I need a shoulder patch........
Old Nov 14th 2006, 5:58 pm
Homebody

Not to interrupt and be offensive, but this whole thing is very offensive and I find myself deeply offended by that.
I guess what you are trying to say is that we should take this back to the topic of the original discussion and let our personal egos out of it?

Agreed!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.