US hype?

Old Dec 6th 2006, 9:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US hype?

Originally Posted by Hayley
[Q
aw shuggs- thanks Irnbru4u!

No I'm hoping we will be back and settled by the time the baby comes so obviously on a really tight deadline now. I am really worried about having the second in a British hospital- have heard some real horror stories :scared:[/QUOTE]Whys that because they like you to have it naturally that means when Baby wants to come and as drug free as possible, but you do get a choice you know Then the mid wife popping round every day for the first week your home, it's the best care my friend.
Old Dec 6th 2006, 9:36 pm
long live thefinest range

Location: Higham Ferrers, Northants to Spokane Washington and back again!!
Hayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond repute

QUOTE]Whys that because they like you to have it naturally that means when Baby wants to come and as drug free as possible, but you do get a choice you know Then the mid wife popping round every day for the first week your home, it's the best care my friend.
[/QUOTE]

had my son drug free so that's not what worries me- more having the baby on a trolley in the corridor, my sister and mum that have had one baby in US and one in Uk each tell me US care is far better :scared: Thanks for easing some worries for me though- wouldn't mind a bit of gas and air!
Old Dec 6th 2006, 9:39 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

had my son drug free so that's not what worries me- more having the baby on a trolley in the corridor, my sister and mum that have had one baby in US and one in Uk each tell me US care is far better :scared: Thanks for easing some worries for me though- wouldn't mind a bit of gas and air!
Congratulations!
Never heard of a baby being born on a trolley. Would've thought hospitals woul give as much privacy as possible for that, so think it's extemely rare. I'm sure you'll receive the best care and home visits afterwards can't be beat.
Old Dec 6th 2006, 9:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

had my son drug free so that's not what worries me- more having the baby on a trolley in the corridor, my sister and mum that have had one baby in US and one in Uk each tell me US care is far better :scared: Thanks for easing some worries for me though- wouldn't mind a bit of gas and air! [/QUOTE]I'm 99% sure having a baby in a corridor, is utter bull shit Like I said you will get good after care when home from hospital, never heard of it over here.
Old Dec 6th 2006, 9:49 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
I'm 99% sure having a baby in a corridor, is utter bull shit Like I said you will get good after care when home from hospital, never heard of it over here.
That's what I thought but tried to be more diplomatic.
Old Dec 6th 2006, 10:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake
That's what I thought but tried to be more diplomatic.
No beating around the bush with me mate
Old Dec 6th 2006, 10:04 pm
Tool

Old William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond repute

My wife having worked in both US and and UK medicine as a Nurse and myself in the US as an EMT I can assure you which is the better in terms of care.

...and the good old NHS wins hands down

Last edited by Old William; Dec 6th 2006 at 10:09 pm.
Old Dec 6th 2006, 10:05 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

had my son drug free so that's not what worries me- more having the baby on a trolley in the corridor, my sister and mum that have had one baby in US and one in Uk each tell me US care is far better :scared: Thanks for easing some worries for me though- wouldn't mind a bit of gas and air! [/QUOTE]
UK has the best after care re babies anywhere period. Having done a small stint in midwifery and my sister is one,never heard that horror story, the only way I could think it was true if they got to the hospital late and on way to delivery suite delivered on trolley and the story morphed.
Old Dec 6th 2006, 10:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Old William
My wife having worked in both US and and UK medicine as a Nurse and myself in the US as an EMT I can assure you which is the better in terms of care.

...and the good old NHS wins hands down
And there you have it Hayley, straight out of the horses mouth
Old Dec 6th 2006, 10:25 pm

Hayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond repute

And there you have it Hayley, straight out of the horses mouth
Thanks everyone! I think it may be a ploy by my sis to keep me here till the baby's born- although my mum did nearly die in the UK having me (it was the 70's though so don't know plus who's to say that wouldn't have happened in the US?)

I remember my friends talking about bounty packs?? what are they and do they still have them?
Old Dec 6th 2006, 10:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks everyone! I think it may be a ploy by my sis to keep me here till the baby's born- although my mum did nearly die in the UK having me (it was the 70's though so don't know plus who's to say that wouldn't have happened in the US?)

I remember my friends talking about bounty packs?? what are they and do they still have them?
Yes they do full of freebies, for baby, only little thing's like a couple of disposables, little baby powder and such like, every little bit helps
Old Dec 6th 2006, 11:02 pm

Yes they do full of freebies, for baby, only little thing's like a couple of disposables, little baby powder and such like, every little bit helps
cheers for the info.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 1:36 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
Yes may you always keep your little chicks close by

No...encourage them to spread their wings and fly.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 1:40 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I had my son drug free so that's not what worries me- more having the baby on a trolley in the corridor, my sister and mum that have had one baby in US and one in Uk each tell me US care is far better :scared: Thanks for easing some worries for me though- wouldn't mind a bit of gas and air!

You only hear about the horror stories...I wouldn't worry too much. Loads of people told me of long, painful labours with their first baby...mine lasted about 6 hrs from the start to finish.