Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

US fiancee visa

US fiancee visa

Old Oct 23rd 2002, 2:41 pm
Up Yir Kilt

scotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of light
Question US fiancee visa

Hello all
Does anyone know how long a US Fiancee visa takes form application in London?
And any tips or pointers regarding this visa? Should I get a lawyer to assist?

Thanks
Gary
Old Oct 23rd 2002, 2:46 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US fiancee visa

Originally posted by scotch03:
Hello all

Thanks
Gary
The US citizen needs to initiate the process by submitting the petition to the service center in the US that takes cases for the state in which he or she resides. Processing times vary. (see the main INS page for states and the corresponding processing center). The approved petition is then forwarded to the consulate in London and they set up an interview with the UK citizen who also has to provide specific documentation. Are you the US or UK citizen? That will determine what *you* have to be responsible for to complete the process. Depending on what state the USC lives in, it can take over 100 days for their end of the approval or as little as a couple weeks from what I've read. If your case is straightforward, most people say that you can do this yourself, no outside legal help needed. Hope this helps.
SecretGarden
Old Oct 23rd 2002, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

groovy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by scotch03:
Hello all

Thanks
Gary

Gary,

read about the process at www.k1faq.com
it is pretty good and then people can help you here at the NG... lots of people from London around

wich one is your service center in the US ?

regards,
groovy
Old Oct 23rd 2002, 7:47 pm
Up Yir Kilt

scotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by groovy:

Gary,

it is pretty good and then people can help you here at the NG... lots of people from London around

regards,
groovy
My fiancee is in LA so I am not sure which center covers her, I hope she does! Thanks Groovy
Old Oct 23rd 2002, 11:42 pm
Corn

groovy wrote in
news:452872.1035388648@britishexpat-
s.com:

> Originally posted by scotch03:
    >> Hello all
    >> Does anyone know how long a US Fiancee visa takes form application
    >> in London?
    >> And any tips or pointers regarding this visa? Should I get a lawyer
    >> to assist?
    >> Thanks
    >> Gary
    > Gary,
    > read about the process at www.k1faq.com
    > it is pretty good and then people can help you here at the NG... lots of
    > people from London around
    > wich one is your service center in the US ?
    > regards,
    > groovy
    > --
Thanks Groovy for that k1faq url. Very useful.
(Just for info.. Got my own K1 visa at London last week .. everyone at the
Embassy is helpful and seem to want you getting through .. but .. get all
those papers and documents right. Chap next to me had a rejected photo - no
right ear showing. Everything else was ok though, and he was able to pop
out and get a proper picture down the road. I met him coming back with a
big smile on his face).

Regards from Corn

Old Oct 24th 2002, 12:51 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by groovy:

Gary,

regards,
groovy
PLEASE DO NOT USE THAT URL. USE THIS ONE INSTEAD:

http://www.txdirect.net/users/mike38/k1faq.htm

The first one has not been updated since September 2001 while the second one is up to the minute.

Rete
Old Oct 24th 2002, 2:49 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Rete,

Can the same be said for the 2nd link in your signature, The Mysterious Sealed Brown Envelope? the TMSBE one arrives at from your link and the TMSBE one arrives at from mike38's k1faq link are, superficially at least, not the same.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Rete
PLEASE DO NOT USE THAT URL. USE THIS ONE INSTEAD:

http://www.txdirect.net/users/mike38/k1faq.htm

The first one has not been updated since September 2001 while the second one is up to the minute.

Rete
Old Oct 25th 2002, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

groovy is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry...

I didn´t know the url I posted was old !

In fact I used it all along the process thinking there wasn´t a newest one ...

best,
groovy
Old Oct 25th 2002, 4:39 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
Rete,

Can the same be said for the 2nd link in your signature, The Mysterious Sealed Brown Envelope? the TMSBE one arrives at from your link and the TMSBE one arrives at from mike38's k1faq link are, superficially at least, not the same.

Regards, JEff
Thanks for pointing that our Jeff ... I will change ASAP.

Rete