Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

US Embassy in London- interview wait time? Status update?

US Embassy in London- interview wait time? Status update?

Old Jun 28th 2003, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

PaulK has a brilliant futurePaulK has a brilliant futurePaulK has a brilliant futurePaulK has a brilliant futurePaulK has a brilliant futurePaulK has a brilliant future
Default US Embassy in London- interview wait time? Status update?

Hello,
I got packet 3 about 3 weeks ago- mailed all the stuff back, then received a request for more info. I mailed that the next day, and have heard nothing! That was 2 weeks ago- is there any way I can get a case status update? How long does it usually take to get an interview date? Any advice/ideas much appreciated!
Cheers,
Paul.
Old Jun 28th 2003, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say between 10 days and two weeks. Email them and ask. Remember to quote your file numbers and they should get back to you fairly quickly.

[email protected]
Old Jun 29th 2003, 9:14 am
Here and Loving it

mark19964 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Pimpbot
I'd say between 10 days and two weeks. Email them and ask. Remember to quote your file numbers and they should get back to you fairly quickly.

[email protected]
Pimpbot,
Just wanted to say good luck before you hit Scottsdale, and thanks for your comments to a rude individual a few days back, I was trying to help regarding credit checks.

All the best - Mark
Old Jun 29th 2003, 9:18 am
Here and Loving it

mark19964 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes Paul,
Pimpbot is roughly right on time with the embassy processing.

Once we'd sent back pack 3 it was exactly 6 weeks and the letter of appointment turned up. The appointment was then 4/5 weeks after that. The interview, medical and processing done in 4.45 hrs on the day.

Most importantly remember photocopies of everything and get in triple if you have to.

Good luck - Mark
Old Jun 29th 2003, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mark19964
Pimpbot,
Just wanted to say good luck before you hit Scottsdale, and thanks for your comments to a rude individual a few days back, I was trying to help regarding credit checks.

All the best - Mark
Thanks Mark.
Old Jun 30th 2003, 1:05 am
Arizona Sun Devil

timshaw2206 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Pimpbot.

I just moved from Rotherham (near Sheffield for anyone who doesnt know) to Chandler. I came out here in January on a tourist Visa, and got my Work Permit in April, and came back here. Chandler is about 20 mins from Scottsdale, and the whole area, Tempe, Chandler, Phoenix, and Scottsdale is pretty nice. Temps are warm right now, 110 +. You probs already know all this, just thought I would give you a heads up about the area. Also, just found an English pub in Tempe called the George and Dragon. You should look it up, its a cool place.

Tim
Old Jun 30th 2003, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Tim,

I think I know where that pub is. I have seen the billboards on the freeway when I am heading back to Scottsdale from going indoor karting near Sky Harbor. I'll have to check it out in a week or two. Thanks for the heads up.