US deportation and Canadian admissibility

Wikiposts

US deportation and Canadian admissibility

Old Nov 23rd 2008, 1:27 am
Just Joined

sasi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default US deportation and Canadian admissibility

Hi all,

I just joined after reading for several posts! It is very informative!
My friend is thinking of moving to BC through the BCPNP or WP then BCPNP after 90 of work. Those are the options given by prospective employer. However, her now husband was deported about 2 years ago from the US back into his country (which requires a visa to enter canada). My question is will deportation show on the FBI police certificate (I believe it will coz of fingerprints and all that). Will this affect his admissibility into canada and/or their application for either WP or BCPNP? He does have any criminal records are anything else other than being deported for overstaying his student visa.
Thanks for taking the time to read!
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 3:21 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: US deportation and Canadian admissibility

Originally Posted by sasi
Hi all,

I just joined after reading for several posts! It is very informative!
My friend is thinking of moving to BC through the BCPNP or WP then BCPNP after 90 of work. Those are the options given by prospective employer. However, her now husband was deported about 2 years ago from the US back into his country (which requires a visa to enter canada). My question is will deportation show on the FBI police certificate (I believe it will coz of fingerprints and all that). Will this affect his admissibility into canada and/or their application for either WP or BCPNP? He does have any criminal records are anything else other than being deported for overstaying his student visa.
Thanks for taking the time to read!
Hi:

This is a duplicate posting.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 4:10 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: US deportation and Canadian admissibility

No, I have seen threads where others have moved with no issue.