Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

US 'deal' on illegal immigrants

US 'deal' on illegal immigrants

Old May 20th 2007, 5:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US 'deal' on illegal immigrants

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Early reports suggested that CIS would allow them to pay over time. Of course, it's early days for the legislation.

Surprisingly, many of our friends who arrived the "z" way have large amounts of capital available IME. Certainly seen them having no problem stumping up the deposit for a house when told it's the only way to get the loan. And five or ten percent of a Phoenix property is considerably more than $5k.
when i was in atlanta i got told that they all moved into ONE house, that all gave up their wages to the HEAD of the house and that when he has his credit built up then its moved to the next HEAD of the house. So if u have 10 wage earners living under one roof that is how they get a deposit for a house.
Old May 20th 2007, 5:37 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deedee13
when i was in atlanta i got told that they all moved into ONE house, that all gave up their wages to the HEAD of the house and that when he has his credit built up then its moved to the next HEAD of the house. So if u have 10 wage earners living under one roof that is how they get a deposit for a house.
Yep! And they don't so frequently fall into the trap of gullible septics.
Old May 20th 2007, 5:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep! And they don't so frequently fall into the trap of gullible septics.
but isnt there going to be a time line that this Z visa is available?? I dont think they are going to be able to wait that long to just make sure they get the payment together to pay the irs??? or am i in some illusion?

i still blame the system, let them here, let them get homes, jobs, its the landlords, the employers, the system allows it to happen and the system is the one being crippled byit.
Old May 20th 2007, 5:46 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, various expat communities do have some form of communal banking, especially the Chinese and Koreans IMO.
Old May 20th 2007, 5:46 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

but isnt there going to be a time line that this Z visa is available?? I dont think they are going to be able to wait that long to just make sure they get the payment together to pay the irs??? or am i in some illusion?

i still blame the system, let them here, let them get homes, jobs, its the landlords, the employers, the system allows it to happen and the system is the one being crippled byit.
Not seen any mention of how much time they'll have to pay up mentioned but have seen mention of breaking the $5k into payments.

The system, AKA the "United Corporations of America and the profit for which they stand", is doing quite nicely by them, I think. It's only working America that's getting screwed.
Old May 20th 2007, 5:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Not seen any mention of how much time they'll have to pay up mentioned but have seen mention of breaking the $5k into payments.

The system, AKA the "United Corporations of America and the profit for which they stand", is doing quite nicely by them, I think. It's only working America that's getting screwed.
payments!! wow.

So the working america that is getting screwed and the immigrant themselves.. or wouldnt u agree?
Old May 20th 2007, 5:53 am
Septicity

payments!! wow.

So the working america that is getting screwed and the immigrant themselves.. or wouldnt u agree?
I think until very recently we were heading straight for a corporatist state with an oligarchy. I'm hoping it's gonna turn around. The southern migrants were a useful tool in their chest to depress wags for jobs that could not otherwise be exported.
Old May 20th 2007, 5:55 am
BE Forum Addict

I think until very recently we were heading straight for a corporatist state with an oligarchy. I'm hoping it's gonna turn around. The southern migrants were a useful tool in their chest to depress wags for jobs that could not otherwise be exported.
will it curb illegals tho? i doubt it.. as long as each president comes up with some reforn or some amnesty they will keep coming over the boarders... or staying when they come thru legally on visits!!
Old May 20th 2007, 6:04 am
Septicity

will it curb illegals tho? i doubt it.. as long as each president comes up with some reforn or some amnesty they will keep coming over the boarders... or staying when they come thru legally on visits!!
There are certainly questions over both the volition and competence of the government to provide a solution. Recently the trend appears to be to hide the former by ensuring the latter.
Old May 23rd 2007, 2:24 am

mdyoung is an unknown quantity at this point

http://truthlaidbear.com/immigration...18.php?page=61

Sec. 1547. Marriage fraud

`(a) Evasion or Misrepresentation.- Any person who-

`(1) knowingly enters into a marriage for the purpose of
evading any provision of the immigration laws; or

`(2) knowingly misrepresents the existence or circumstances
of a marriage-

`(A) in an application or document authorized by the
immigration laws; or

`(B) during any immigration proceeding conducted by
an administrative adjudicator (including an immigration
officer or examiner, a consular officer, an immigration
judge, or a member of the Board of Immigration
Appeals),

shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 10 years,
or both.
Old May 23rd 2007, 11:35 pm

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Immigration/wm1468.cfm
Rewarding Illegal Aliens: Senate Bill Undermines The Rule of Law

The Senate's bill imposes no cap on the total number of individuals who could receive Z-visa status.

To initially qualify for a Z visa, an illegal alien need only have a job (or be the parent, spouse, or child of someone with a job) and provide two documents suggesting that he or she was in the country before January 1, 2007, and has remained in the country since then. A bank statement, pay stub, or similarly forgeable record will do. Also acceptable under the legislation is a sworn affidavit from a non-relative (see Section 601(i)(2)).

Supporters of the bill call the Z visa a "temporary" visa. However, they neglect to mention that it can be renewed every four years until the visa holder dies, according to Section 601(k)(2) of the legislation. This would be the country's first permanent temporary visa.

A law-abiding alien with a normal nonimmigrant visa would surely desire this privileged status. Unfortunately for him, only illegal aliens can qualify, according Section 601(c)(1)

The bill would make it extremely difficult for the federal government to prevent criminals and terrorists from obtaining legal status. Under Section 601(h)(1), the bill would allow the government only one business day to conduct a background check to determine whether an applicant is a criminal or terrorist. Unless the government can find a reason not to grant it by the end of the next business day after the alien applies, the alien receives a probationary Z visa (good from the time of approval until six months after the date Z visas begin to be approved, however long that may be) that lets him roam throughout the country and seek employment legally.

Title VI's amnesty extends even to fugitives who have been ordered deported by an immigration judge but chose to ignore their removal orders. More than 636,000 absconders are now present in the country, having defied the law twice: once when they broke U.S. immigration laws and again when they ignored the orders of the immigration courts.

The bill would effectively shut down the immigration court system. Under Section 601(h)(6), if an alien in the removal process is "prima facie eligible" for the Z visa, an immigration judge must close any proceedings against the alien and offer the alien an opportunity to apply for amnesty.

The bill would transform Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE) from a law enforcement agency into an amnesty distribution center. Under Sections 601(h)(1, 5) if an ICE agent apprehends aliens who appear to be eligible for the Z visa (in other words, just about any illegal alien), the agent cannot detain them. Instead, ICE must provide them a reasonable opportunity to apply for the Z visa. Instead of initiating removal proceedings, ICE will be initiating amnesty applications.

Under Section 602(g)(2) of the bill, gang members would be eligible to receive amnesty. This comes at a time when violent international gangs, such as Mara Salvatrucha 13 (or "MS-13"), have brought mayhem to U.S. cities. More than 30,000 illegal-alien gang members operate in 33 states, trafficking in drugs, arms, and people. Deporting illegal-alien gang members has been a top ICE priority. The Senate bill would end that. To qualify for amnesty, all a gang member would need to do is note his gang membership and sign a "renunciation of gang affiliation."

The Senate bill incorporates the Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors Act (DREAM Act). The DREAM Act effectively repeals a 1996 federal law (8 U.S.C. § 1623) that prohibits any state from offering in-state tuition rates to illegal aliens unless the state also offers in-state tuition rates to all U.S. citizens.

Section 622(m) of the bill would allow millions of illegal aliens who work in agriculture to receive free legal services. Every illegal alien working in the agricultural sector would have access to an immigration attorney to argue his case through the immigration courts and federal courts of appeals—all at taxpayer expense.
Old May 23rd 2007, 11:43 pm
Septicity

Originally Posted by mdyoung
http://www.heritage.org/Research/Immigration/wm1468.cfm
Rewarding Illegal Aliens: Senate Bill Undermines The Rule of Law
But what's the alternative to an "amnesty"? And let's face it, anything is an amnesty that isn't deportation in the eyes of many US voters. But deporting 12 million plus is not possible. So what do you do?
Old May 23rd 2007, 11:48 pm

But what's the alternative to an "amnesty"? And let's face it, anything is an amnesty that isn't deportation in the eyes of many US voters. But deporting 12 million plus is not possible. So what do you do?
Who says it's not possible and lets put it to vote, not based on some deal cooked up by the White House and Senate behind closed doors. No hearings have held on this bill.
Old May 23rd 2007, 11:51 pm
Septicity

Originally Posted by mdyoung
Who says it's not possible and lets put it to vote, not based on some deal cooked up by the White House and Senate behind closed doors. No hearings have held on this bill.
It's somewhat Stalinesque in proportions! Never say never and all that, but I'm not convinced of the feds ability even to issue them all a simple card, never mind put 12 million reluctant travelers forcibly on a bus.
Old May 23rd 2007, 11:58 pm

It's somewhat Stalinesque in proportions! Never say never and all that, but I'm not convinced of the feds ability even to issue them all a simple card, never mind put 12 million reluctant travelers forcibly on a bus.
Stalin rounded up his own people, these are people that don't belong here and broke U.S. law coming here and working. It might be impossible to round up every one, but the government has made almost no attempt to try and you only encourage more to come by letting the ones here get a free pass.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.