Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

US born dauther 2 year old obtain uk passport

US born dauther 2 year old obtain uk passport

Old Sep 11th 2008, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

mrfoxy76 will become famous soon enough
Default US born daughter 2 year old obtain uk passport

My daughter is almost 2 years old and I would like for her to have a UK passport aswel as keep her usa one.

Mother is american, i am uk citizen living in usa with 10yr green card.

sure this question been asked many times in the past but I am struggling to find the correct link on the ukinusa embassy website.

any help appreciated.

thx

Last edited by NC Penguin; Sep 13th 2008 at 8:43 pm. Reason: Corrected typo in title
Old Sep 11th 2008, 7:19 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US born dauther 2 year old obtain uk passport

Originally Posted by mrfoxy76
My daughter is almost 2 years old and I would like for her to have a UK passport aswel as keep her usa one.

Mother is american, i am uk citizen living in usa with 10yr green card.

sure this question been asked many times in the past but I am struggling to find the correct link on the ukinusa embassy website.

any help appreciated.

thx
http://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/en/passports/how-to-apply
Old Sep 12th 2008, 11:57 am
A Cockney Floridian

Location: Originally-Leyton E10,London, then Harlow new town, Essex, and eventually ended up in Orlando area
callowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of light

the Link Ray posted is good.

And WELL DONE getting your daughter a british passport

Im in the same boat as you

Im green card holder (will NEVER give up my uk citizenship)

wife is a yank - we got twin girls aged 8 both got UK and US passports.\
-we are even talking about moving to the UK
Old Sep 12th 2008, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

coral11680 is just really nicecoral11680 is just really nicecoral11680 is just really nicecoral11680 is just really nicecoral11680 is just really nicecoral11680 is just really nicecoral11680 is just really nicecoral11680 is just really nice
Talking Re: US born dauther 2 year old obtain uk passport

Originally Posted by callowman
the Link Ray posted is good.

And WELL DONE getting your daughter a british passport

Im in the same boat as you

Im green card holder (will NEVER give up my uk citizenship)

wife is a yank - we got twin girls aged 8 both got UK and US passports.\
-we are even talking about moving to the UK
You know if you become a US citizen you don't give up your UK citizenship right? America says you are but the UK doesn't recognize it so you'll still be just as much british as before! I was naturalized March 2007 because I decided to move back to the UK with my family and if we decided we want to return to live I will have no problems with immigration. If you only have a greencard you can only live outside the US for a few months before risking losing your greencard. I would highly recommend getting your citizenship, it as really easy. Much easier than what my hubby has to do to get his permament residency here in the UK!

Louise
Old Sep 12th 2008, 12:51 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coral11680
You know if you become a US citizen you don't give up your UK citizenship right? America says you are but the UK doesn't recognize it so you'll still be just as much british as before! I was naturalized March 2007 because I decided to move back to the UK with my family and if we decided we want to return to live I will have no problems with immigration. If you only have a greencard you can only live outside the US for a few months before risking losing your greencard. I would highly recommend getting your citizenship, it as really easy. Much easier than what my hubby has to do to get his permament residency here in the UK!

Louise
I concur .. its foolish not to ....
Old Sep 12th 2008, 2:43 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coral11680

Louise
Yeah that
Old Sep 12th 2008, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

mrfoxy76 will become famous soon enough
Post Re: US born dauther 2 year old obtain uk passport

thanks i do plan on becoming a us citizen and also keeping my uk one.

i assume i just complete the C2 form with all the documentation i assume i need to send her birth certificate, my british birth certificate and our marriage certificate, any other documents the form is somewhat confusing to me....

Last edited by mrfoxy76; Sep 12th 2008 at 3:56 pm.
Old Sep 13th 2008, 1:26 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrfoxy76
thanks i do plan on becoming a us citizen and also keeping my uk one.

i assume i just complete the C2 form with all the documentation i assume i need to send her birth certificate, my british birth certificate and our marriage certificate, any other documents the form is somewhat confusing to me....
Probably her mother's birth certificate too. Really recommended to read the form and see what it says ...

You should make a point of getting your child her own British consular birth certificate. It will make it a lot easier for her to renew her passport later on.
Old Sep 13th 2008, 12:49 pm
A Cockney Floridian

Location: Originally-Leyton E10,London, then Harlow new town, Essex, and eventually ended up in Orlando area
callowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of light

I have to renew my passport too.

I wonder if I still have to find someone "in standing" to co-sign !!

I dont think my US wife had to have someone co-sign her passport??
Old Sep 13th 2008, 4:38 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by callowman
I have to renew my passport too.

I wonder if I still have to find someone "in standing" to co-sign !!

I dont think my US wife had to have someone co-sign her passport??
you dont need to get a co-sign on a UK passport renewal unless your new photo is radically different from your old passport photo. ie if they can still tell its you then your okay.

ps did you see the response to your earlier post about not giving up uk citizenship - you can be dual citizen(lots of people on here are) - you dont have to give up one for the other.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 11:50 am
A Cockney Floridian

Yes I saw the responses, seems to be the thing to do

but its a mental thing for me...

I just cant get over that stumbling block

-even though both my aunt and uncle became Australian citizens..