TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Which US bank do you use?

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
A what??
aka a truck-stop whore
Old Sep 7th 2007, 3:58 am

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point

My first US credit card account was a secured credit card - I basically gave them $2,000 to keep in there sweaty palms for almost a year without them paying a single cent of interest. After 10 months or so they changed the card to a regular type and sent me a check for the $2,000.
On the cards anniversary they wanted to charge me $29 a year 'servicing fee' or some other crap. Having always paid in full on time, and now having a great credit rating I called to cancel the credit card. An agent later called asking me to stay if they waived the fee. I agreed. The week later my card was cancelled anyway; and all my online statements gone forever :curse: They of course apologized for the error.

Corresponding via the online message centre was like speaking to a retard; example:
"I would like to change my address, but when I click the link in the control panel the system says I have not been a customer long enough to do that."
response " Thank you for contacting Bank of America, to change your address please click the link in your control panel"

WaMu gave me free checking (including free checks); They also gave me a $7k limit credit card, that doesn't incur charges. I recently got a Discover card that gives me 5% back on gas purchases and 1% on everything else. Its set to pay in full from my WaMu account each month. So its like using my old BoA debit card, but I actually earn money instead. You get all the usual extended purchase protection; free insurance on your hire car or flight tickets etc. too.

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
BoA managed to activate my debit/credit card before I'd received it...

Last edited by Pony; Sep 7th 2007 at 4:01 am.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 4:06 am

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point

A lady such as yourself should not know such things. Go wash your mouth out

Originally Posted by TruBrit
aka a truck-stop whore
Old Sep 7th 2007, 4:08 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pony
A lady such as yourself should not know such things. Go wash your mouth out
it's only what i've picked up since being here, honest
Old Sep 7th 2007, 4:39 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
aka a truck-stop whore
Aha - thanks for the enlightment
Old Sep 7th 2007, 4:43 am
Up Yir Kilt

scotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of light

I was using Citibank both in the UK and here in CA.

Personally think they are all pretty much the same, once you have a 1M or more in your account then they will pay attention!

FYI - I don't
Old Sep 7th 2007, 4:45 am

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Best to get a credit union for the main account and another for when you travel.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 5:06 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
That's the first time I've heard anyone say that about BoA!
indeed
Old Sep 7th 2007, 2:52 pm
Silly fool for love

twiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by scotch03
I was using Citibank both in the UK and here in CA.

Personally think they are all pretty much the same, once you have a 1M or more in your account then they will pay attention!

FYI - I don't
Citibank is fantastic. I use them regularly in the three continents that I live across.

Plus they have tonnes of ATMs in San Francisco.

If you're filthy rich, check out HSBC's new International Premier...

Sadly, I lack the sufficient funds for HSBC... but their Premier accounts are fantastic according to several of my friends who use them
Old Sep 8th 2007, 3:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Pharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to behold

Another one at bank of america. I've never had a real problem with them, but then they haven't been outstanding either. I only stay with them 'cos they have good ATM coerage.

I use ING for savings, cos BoA savings rates suck ass.