Reload this Page >

US Bank Account + House Purchase

US Bank Account + House Purchase

Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:27 am
Just Joined

Trace is an unknown quantity at this point
Default US Bank Account + House Purchase

Hi all,

In the next 12 months or so, I am looking to buy an investment home in Florida.

How do you go about opening a US bank account from the UK and what is the best way to find a good realtor and mortgage lender (I will be putting down a 25% deposit).

Also, when I retire (unfortunately a good few years yet!!) I want to live in the home for 6 months out of every 12. Do I need a visa for this? If so, which visa do I need and how will I go about getting one.

Sorry for so many questions but finding answers is not that easy!!

Thanks guys and gals

Trace
Old Jan 15th 2004, 12:40 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US Bank Account + House Purchase

Walk into a Bank and say "I want to open a checking account"
most will gladly take your money...what you are proposing is done thousands of times a year...especially if you are thinking of Orlando.. You cannot open one from the UK

Orlando is full of Realtors and Mortgage companies...You could also get a UK mortgage without any great problem

You would need a B-2 visa to stay 6 months..you will apply to the US embassy in London and go there for interview.
Old Jan 15th 2004, 12:59 pm
Just Joined

Trace is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ray6
Walk into a Bank and say "I want to open a checking account"
most will gladly take your money...what you are proposing is done thousands of times a year...especially if you are thinking of Orlando.. You cannot open one from the UK

Orlando is full of Realtors and Mortgage companies...You could also get a UK mortgage without any great problem

You would need a B-2 visa to stay 6 months..you will apply to the US embassy in London and go there for interview.

Thanks a lot Ray. Didn't think it could be so easy.

Am going to US on vacation this November so will open the bank account then.
Old Jan 15th 2004, 1:07 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Trace
Thanks a lot Ray. Didn't think it could be so easy.
Am going to US on vacation this November so will open the bank account then.
No prob..I have sent you a private message