Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

US attack on Fallujah

Wikiposts

US attack on Fallujah

Old Nov 9th 2005, 8:56 am

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: US attack on Fallujah

My mistake, there was no video on that link. Here is the video (which some viewers may find disturbing). The source is apparently an Italian TV show. My previous comments may make a little more sense now
http://www.informationclearinghouse....ticle10907.htm
Old Nov 9th 2005, 12:21 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chorlton
However, both napalm and cluster munitions are now frowned upon, and many countries have signed treaties to no longer deploy those weapons. Obviously, the US was not one of those countries. I think people confuse the treaties with the CWC.
What Treaty?
Old Nov 9th 2005, 12:30 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Also, troops were told that everyone in the city was an enemy combatant,
They work on the basis that those who run are the enemy and those who stand still are undercover enemy.

Oow Rah! don't you love the smell of napalm in the morning
Old Nov 9th 2005, 12:48 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Thydney
They work on the basis that those who run are the enemy and those who stand still are undercover enemy.

Oow Rah! don't you love the smell of napalm in the morning
The US destroyed its stock of Naplam.

They have something very similar ....

I was listening to Randy Rhodes, she is about as far left as you can get on US radio, all about this.

I have not seen the photos but from what she was saying very unlikely to be phosphorous or 'napalm'.

I was thinking maybe FAE, but I do not know if this would cause these sort of injuries.

Or it could be a set up for the media, not exactly the first time.
Old Nov 9th 2005, 11:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Boiler

I was listening to Randy Rhodes, she is about as far left as you can get on US radio, all about this.

I have not seen the photos but from what she was saying very unlikely to be phosphorous or 'napalm'.

I was thinking maybe FAE, but I do not know if this would cause these sort of injuries.

Seems Randy is the one left wing voice amongst the mass of right wingers out there.
Old Nov 10th 2005, 1:12 am

FAE??
I think there would be a hole where the town used to be! Every journalist for 50miles would know too.
Old Nov 10th 2005, 1:16 am

What Treaty?
1980 UN treaty for napalm
Ottowa treaty for landmines, admittedly not for cluster munitions as I thought, but my point still stands
Old Nov 10th 2005, 1:24 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

FAE??
I think there would be a hole where the town used to be! Every journalist for 50miles would know too.

FAE? Go on, enlighten us.

I'd got as far as "F**ks Anything and Everything", but I'm guessing thats not right.........
Old Nov 10th 2005, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
FAE? Go on, enlighten us.

I'd got as far as "F**ks Anything and Everything", but I'm guessing thats not right.........

Fuel Air Explosive - it creates a huge pressure wave, suck the oxygen out of the air and can create a nice mushroom cloud without the mess of nuclear weapons
Old Nov 10th 2005, 4:02 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Fuel Air Explosive - it creates a huge pressure wave, suck the oxygen out of the air and can create a nice mushroom cloud without the mess of nuclear weapons
Sounds rather unpleasant....and I guess my interpretation pretty much described the effect...
Old Nov 10th 2005, 5:17 am
Account Closed

1980 UN treaty for napalm
Ottowa treaty for landmines, admittedly not for cluster munitions as I thought, but my point still stands
US did not sign it.

Only applies for use against Civillians anyway. So would not apply if they had.

Not even Randy was alleging that Civillians were deliberately targeted.
Old Nov 10th 2005, 5:29 am
Account Closed

They have smaller ones, I think the 'daisy cutters' were ten tons. Rolled out of the back of a Hercules, or is that fiction?

They can have nasty side effects depending on the chemical make up.

New one is the BLU-118/B Thermobaric Weapon
Old Nov 10th 2005, 5:45 am

They have smaller ones, I think the 'daisy cutters' were ten tons. Rolled out of the back of a Hercules, or is that fiction?

They can have nasty side effects depending on the chemical make up.

New one is the BLU-118/B Thermobaric Weapon

Daisy cutters exist, as at least 10 were used in one or both of the current conflicts. Though not FAEs, they do make rather a mess too.
The BLU-118/B Thermobaric Weapon is a bunker-busting FAE.
Now where were you going with the treaty thing I said about 15 posts ago that the US didnt sign. Funnily enough, people think that the leader of the free world would have signed

Last edited by Chorlton; Nov 10th 2005 at 5:47 am.
Old Nov 10th 2005, 5:56 am
Account Closed

Daisy cutters exist, as at least 10 were used in one or both of the current conflicts. Though not FAEs, they do make rather a mess too.
The BLU-118/B Thermobaric Weapon is a bunker-busting FAE.
Now where were you going with the treaty thing I said about 15 posts ago that the US didnt sign. Funnily enough, people think that the leader of the free world would have signed
False issue.

To target Civillians with Napalm, or its replacement, would be against proportionality etc anyway.
Old Nov 10th 2005, 6:05 am

False issue.

To target Civillians with Napalm, or its replacement, would be against proportionality etc anyway.

um, sure. I think you are the only one talking about targeting civilians. Its quite possible they didnt give a ***** that civilians were next to the enemy though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.