Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

US Airways, PA airport check-in times

US Airways, PA airport check-in times

Old Nov 25th 2004, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Lottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud of
Default US Airways, PA airport check-in times

Got sister-in law, brother-in law and rather sleepless (but beautiful) 8 month old nephew here from the UK for our 1st Thanksgiving.

They go back to the UK on Monday and want to know the earliest that US airways will open the check-in desk for the flight from PA to Manchester, UK...reason being there are a limited number of sky cots and baby is such a tyke they couldn't bear not getting a sky cot and associated extra leg room for the 7hr journey home.

Any ideas the earliest people will be checking into this flight, or what time US airways will start to accept check-ins for the flight??

I'll phone the airline tomorrow, but thought someone like Englishmum may have an idea.

Happy Thanksgiving

Lottie!
Old Nov 25th 2004, 4:26 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: US Airways, PA airport check-in times

Originally Posted by Lottie
Got sister-in law, brother-in law and rather sleepless (but beautiful) 8 month old nephew here from the UK for our 1st Thanksgiving.

They go back to the UK on Monday and want to know the earliest that US airways will open the check-in desk for the flight from PA to Manchester, UK...reason being there are a limited number of sky cots and baby is such a tyke they couldn't bear not getting a sky cot and associated extra leg room for the 7hr journey home.

Any ideas the earliest people will be checking into this flight, or what time US airways will start to accept check-ins for the flight??

I'll phone the airline tomorrow, but thought someone like Englishmum may have an idea.

Happy Thanksgiving

Lottie!
Lottie - well, it is normally recommended that one should check in approx 3 hours before departure on an international flight - mainly to clear the security checks which can take an age at busy times.

However - and particularly on flights leaving the East coast -you don't know if/how many people are on connecting flights which have arrived from other parts of the country....they would have checked in hours before.

I think they will be fine, but here's the freephone number for US airways;

1-800-428-4322

and try and call today if poss as their helpdesk should be open....they will be very busy tomorrow and the rest of the weekend and you might be hanging on for ages! I'm at Newark airport right now and it's very quiet..so call the airline today if you can and get your request in ASAP!

Good luck!
Old Nov 25th 2004, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud of
Default Re: US Airways, PA airport check-in times

Thanks Englishmum...did you do Thanksgiving before you started your vol work at Newark, or are you bypassing the tradition this year?

Lottie

(feeling very full after 'the works'...with pumpkin pie and cheese & biscuits still to go!)
Old Nov 25th 2004, 10:58 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: US Airways, PA airport check-in times

Originally Posted by Lottie
Thanks Englishmum...did you do Thanksgiving before you started your vol work at Newark, or are you bypassing the tradition this year?

Lottie

(feeling very full after 'the works'...with pumpkin pie and cheese & biscuits still to go!)
Well.....here I am sitting at the dining room table on my laptop with a large Bailey's....whilst my husband is cooking the turkey (breast) dinner which should be ready at around 7.30pm LOL! (He's just brought me a small plate of cocktail-sized sausages wrapped in bacon as an appetizer).

I have to be honest and as we're all English the Thanksgiving holiday means very little to me; in fact I feel a little sad as our neighbours have either gone to stay with relatives out of town or their drives are full of cars from visiting family and friends - with just the three of us here I feel a bit disconnected from such a family-orientated occasion.

After eating we might watch 'The Apprentice' but my husband dowloaded last week's "Have I Got News For You" from the internet, and also possibly the Brit DVDs 'Inspector Morse' (was given the complete set last Xmas and still have a few to watch) or "Kes" which I last saw when I was at primary school LOL!