Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

US Airways 100% mile purchase bonus until end June

US Airways 100% mile purchase bonus until end June

Old Jun 7th 2011, 1:33 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute
Default US Airways 100% mile purchase bonus until end June

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...c=USBuyLanding

Some on the Aussie threads have been making out like bandits when this has happened before. Basically you can get 100K for $1,375 - enough for a business class return from US to EU on Star Alliance carriers. I believe taxes and fees are much lower than One World/Virgin but of course you should check that out before acting. Probably not worth it for economy bookings for much of the time though.

It's possible to eliminate risk by making a phone award booking through the US Airways call centre, putting the reservation on hold, going online to buy the required miles and then phoning back to 'pay' using them (that's how it was described on the Oz forums previously).
Old Jun 7th 2011, 11:21 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US Airways 100% mile purchase bonus until end June

Here's a well-written entry on a travel blog I read that explains more about it.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

NSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to all

Oh, how I wish BA did this type of deal............

Thanks for the info - still worth grabbing the miles and use a partner airline(certainly not going to fly US Airways.......)
Old Jun 7th 2011, 8:39 pm
Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Sheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond repute

This could be good. No seats on the BA deal for the time I want to go but there is possibility with US (but even coach will be 92000 miles!) if I just top up my existing miles.

Thanks for the pointer

Just need the Championship fixtures on June 17th now to book the flight!
Old Jun 7th 2011, 9:51 pm
Septic Sprout

Originally Posted by NSBlake View Post
Oh, how I wish BA did this type of deal............

Thanks for the info - still worth grabbing the miles and use a partner airline(certainly not going to fly US Airways.......)
BA on the other hand has a stonker of a deal with the Chase credit card. 2-4-1 redemption voucher when you spend $30K in a year. Given the many other ways of getting free BA miles we'll be flying home in business class each year for a fair few years to come!
Old Jun 8th 2011, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

docholywood will become famous soon enough

Damn wish I was in the US now to get the chase card
Old Jun 8th 2011, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

NSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to all

Originally Posted by tonrob View Post
BA on the other hand has a stonker of a deal with the Chase credit card. 2-4-1 redemption voucher when you spend $30K in a year. Given the many other ways of getting free BA miles we'll be flying home in business class each year for a fair few years to come!
Tried to get the card - but little or no credit history here BOO HOO!