Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Urgent! New Cargo (Pet) restrictions

Wikiposts

Urgent! New Cargo (Pet) restrictions

Old Nov 10th 2010, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

King Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant future
Default Re: Urgent! New Cargo (Pet) restrictions

More news from Virgin - Looks like you will be ok so long as you have over 30 days notice...

"Please be advised we are now able to take your pet booking if you are still looking to fly your pet out to New York in February 2011. We now require over 31 days notice when booking a pet to fly to the USA and we also have to take the full payment on the day of your booking."
Old Nov 11th 2010, 2:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

So, as long as you book and pay in full more than 30 days before your flight you are ok?

Call me a cynic, but I'm seeing dozens of terrorist plots just lying in tatters now!
Old Nov 11th 2010, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

babybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to all

Old Nov 11th 2010, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

King Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant future

Yeah - I'm sure booking way ahead will ensure that we are soo much safer...
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 3:02 am
Just Joined

CallieSkye is an unknown quantity at this point

I booked my cat (as a carry-on) with United from Heathrow to Orlando on November 13th for a flight on December 13th.. hopefully because she's not flying as cargo AND I booked in exactly a month prior it won't affect us... have you guys heard anything new regarding the pet restrictions?

The airline didn't say anything when I booked... and I did speak to quite a few people. (All Indian call centres and I was getting confused with the broken english.)
Old Dec 11th 2010, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

CandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really nice

Any news on this?

Thanks
Old Dec 30th 2010, 6:10 am
Just Joined

furrydice79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CandK
Any news on this?

Thanks
I just spoke to United Airlines as we fly out to Portland OR via San Fran on the 11th of january.

To be honest i started reading this post and it frightened the bejesus out of me,,, but after reading all posts and double checking information it seems this rule only applies to cargo(ie your 'stuff' going out on a different flight.)

since the problem in yemen there has been restrictions on cargo to the US, not for live pets but for freight in general.

However as we are travelling with the dog on the same flight, he is not classed as cargo, he is in the 'excess baggage category' (with united anyway!)

they have told me today that he is booked on the flight and it is all arranged, we just pay the extra money when we get to heathrow. (obviously having his IATA crate and paperwork all ok)

I am sure there are people out there worried about this issue, so once we get to portland, i will update on this thread and let you all know how it went.:fingerscross ed: