Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

in urgent need of a flight from washington dc to london

in urgent need of a flight from washington dc to london

Old Mar 7th 2006, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

Brodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really nice
Default in urgent need of a flight from washington dc to london

Hi

I need a flight from IAD to either LHR or LGW for the days March 11th or 12th, to the 18th due to family problems. I was looking yesterday and they were $370 on cheaptickets but I wasn't sure I was going to need one but now I am and the only ones I can find are $553.
Does anyone know of anywhere that might be cheaper, or other ways to save money such as turning up on the day (does that ever work?).
Any help is much appreciated.
Old Mar 7th 2006, 12:14 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: in urgent need of a flight from washington dc to london

now I know this may be a little unconventional, but I'd try something called a "Travel Agent"
Old Mar 7th 2006, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

Brodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really nice

Originally Posted by Manc
now I know this may be a little unconventional, but I'd try something called a "Travel Agent"
I'm asking on behalf of someone in a small university town in southern VA who is a student and has no car. She is very busy at the moment and will be calling "Travel Agent"'s shortly but I was trying to help by looking online as I am not in the same area.

Last edited by Brodel; Mar 7th 2006 at 12:24 pm.
Old Mar 7th 2006, 12:27 pm

James Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant future

Sure, except Travel Agents take their cut too.

You usually need to book 7 days ahead to get the best deals, although some last minute place may help. Also try hotwire.com or the airlines websites.
Old Mar 7th 2006, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Longy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Brodel
Hi

I need a flight from IAD to either LHR or LGW for the days March 11th or 12th, to the 18th due to family problems. I was looking yesterday and they were $370 on cheaptickets but I wasn't sure I was going to need one but now I am and the only ones I can find are $553.
Does anyone know of anywhere that might be cheaper, or other ways to save money such as turning up on the day (does that ever work?).
Any help is much appreciated.
Yeah its a nightmare when you book this late. Is there any chance it can be pushed back by a few days - say the 14th to the 21st? You can get that for just over $400
Old Mar 7th 2006, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Longy
Yeah its a nightmare when you book this late. Is there any chance it can be pushed back by a few days - say the 14th to the 21st? You can get that for just over $400
I'm not sure it is possible as the week she has to travel is spring break and has work deadlines the following week. It's frustrating as I've found some via US airways as low as $258 by leaving on the 14th to the 21st. It's just that its 1 day travel by plane and then another day getting back to University by car. so leaving on the 21st still means not really getting back to where she needs to be until nearer the 23rd.