Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

In urgent need of Dean's help, seriously worried, no passport renewal yet!!

In urgent need of Dean's help, seriously worried, no passport renewal yet!!

Old Apr 25th 2011, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

SarahC922 is a splendid one to beholdSarahC922 is a splendid one to beholdSarahC922 is a splendid one to beholdSarahC922 is a splendid one to beholdSarahC922 is a splendid one to beholdSarahC922 is a splendid one to beholdSarahC922 is a splendid one to beholdSarahC922 is a splendid one to beholdSarahC922 is a splendid one to beholdSarahC922 is a splendid one to beholdSarahC922 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: In urgent need of Dean's help, seriously worried, no passport renewal yet!!

Originally Posted by Jhutchnz
I will! and prayers go out to your dad.
Yours too!
Old Apr 27th 2011, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

SarahC922 is a splendid one to beholdSarahC922 is a splendid one to beholdSarahC922 is a splendid one to beholdSarahC922 is a splendid one to beholdSarahC922 is a splendid one to beholdSarahC922 is a splendid one to beholdSarahC922 is a splendid one to beholdSarahC922 is a splendid one to beholdSarahC922 is a splendid one to beholdSarahC922 is a splendid one to beholdSarahC922 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: In urgent need of Dean's help, seriously worried, no passport renewal yet!!

Just wanted to send an update. It's been a very long week chasing every body but thankfully I don't live terribly far from DC so I was able to pay the embassy a visit. They hadn't so much as touched my passport yet - they're completely inundated with applications (I was told they have thousands they need to get to...thousands?!) so unfortunately if you're looking to travel soon, you're either going to have to go the ER passport route or rebook. They were kind enough to give me back my old passport, which hadn't been cancelled yet, and my marriage license, etc so I'm good to go. I had done this already (but forgot!) and there was no issue on either side of the pond so it looks like my father will get to meet my son afterall!

Good luck to you though, I don't know where you live or if they can help you like they helped me.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

mick65 is just really nicemick65 is just really nicemick65 is just really nicemick65 is just really nicemick65 is just really nicemick65 is just really nicemick65 is just really nicemick65 is just really nicemick65 is just really nice

My surname changed when i got married and i have been questioned about it a little when i check in but have no real problems at immigration when i show them my passport and green card, although i did take my marriage certificate on my last trip
Old Apr 28th 2011, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mick65
My surname changed when i got married and i have been questioned about it a little when i check in but have no real problems at immigration when i show them my passport and green card, although i did take my marriage certificate on my last trip
Is your green card in your married name? Mine is but my ticket is now in my maiden name which matches my passport. I will also have a copy of divorce stating that I'm taking my maiden name back as well as a copy of my application for citizenship that also states I will have my maiden name again soon. Here's hoping and praying!
Old Apr 28th 2011, 12:54 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahC922
I will also have a copy of divorce stating that I'm taking my maiden name back...
Your maiden name has always been your legal name, whether or not you assumed the surname of your former husband. There's really nothing to take back.

Ian
Old Apr 28th 2011, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Your maiden name has always been your legal name, whether or not you assumed the surname of your former husband. There's really nothing to take back.

Ian
I suppose that's true but if all my documents don't have the same name then I figure I need as much documentation explaining myself as I can. They probably hate people like me
Old Apr 28th 2011, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

mick65 is just really nicemick65 is just really nicemick65 is just really nicemick65 is just really nicemick65 is just really nicemick65 is just really nicemick65 is just really nicemick65 is just really nicemick65 is just really nice

Originally Posted by SarahC922
Is your green card in your married name? Mine is but my ticket is now in my maiden name which matches my passport. I will also have a copy of divorce stating that I'm taking my maiden name back as well as a copy of my application for citizenship that also states I will have my maiden name again soon. Here's hoping and praying!
My married name is on my green card and my maiden names on my passport, my tickets were in my maiden name, I sailed through immigration with no problems
Old Apr 28th 2011, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mick65
My married name is on my green card and my maiden names on my passport, my tickets were in my maiden name, I sailed through immigration with no problems
Can I tell you that you just brought tears of joy to my eyes. Thank you so so much!!!!
Old May 2nd 2011, 5:08 am
Just Joined

ExPatinIndiana is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: In urgent need of Dean's help, seriously worried, no passport renewal yet!!

We applied for my 18 year son's renewal passport February 08, 2011. My credit card was charged in late March ....

We ended up traveling 600 miles, 36 hours before his departure, to the Chicago Consulate to get an emergency passport on April 11, 2011. Getting that appointment was like pulling teeth ... Maneuvering through a bunch of phone menus - talk about make you sweat and your heartbeat faster.

We were lucky that I had a copy of his birth certificate, because they obviously have his original along with mine!

He is to return on May 18, 2011. He has been there since His emergency passport is only valid until May 15, 2011 ~ He is staying with his grandparents -(my parents)

~STILL NO PASSPORT ~ and today is MAY 1st, 2011
Old May 2nd 2011, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

Onelight is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello
We are in the same position. Our passports were received in Washington on March 3rd. Payment was taken on March 28th. We have spent hundreds of $ on telephone calls to Careline. As of today they have been in the 'being processed' stage for 5 weeks. We have flights booked for a family wedding, leaving on Friday. This has been escalated to the Consular in Washington (last Monday) and we were promised a call back within 72 hours. We have not received any call yet.
We would be grateful if someone could help us with this issue / provide guidance as we have tried all official routes and are now getting extremely worried.
Thank you
L.
Old May 2nd 2011, 5:14 pm
Just Joined

Hello
I have noticed that Dean seems able to provide help..... I am sorry to ask but could you please help Dean? We are going to lose thousands of dollars and miss a family wedding and we really did leave plenty of time. Even Careline are telling me the passports should have been returned by now.
L.
Old May 2nd 2011, 5:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone who is in urgent need of assistance could try PMing Dean...British Consul.

You need to make 3 posts before you can use the BE Private Messaging system.
Old May 2nd 2011, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

Thank you - will try to PM Dean.
L.
PS - also ex yorkshire living in NJ!
Old May 2nd 2011, 6:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Onelight
Thank you - will try to PM Dean.
L.
PS - also ex yorkshire living in NJ!
Old May 2nd 2011, 8:43 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: In urgent need of Dean's help, seriously worried, no passport renewal yet!!

I really think it's getting beyond a joke at the length of time it's taking to process British passport applications at Embassies and High Commissions.

Now I know why - From April 2011 a new government agency, the "Identity & Passport Service" or IPS has now taken on the responsibility for issuing British passports and it seems that all British passports are going to be printed in the UK. I bet this changeover isn't going very smoothly....

This is what I've found out (although it is advice for British citizens resident in China, it is still relevant to all Brit expats):

http://ukinchina.fco.gov.uk/en/news/...sR&id=22983485

TBH if all our passports are going to be printed in the UK and mailed over here anyway, we might as well follow what Bob did and if we have trustworthy family and friends in Blighty we may as well save ourselves the extortionate fees charged to non-UK residents and use their home addresses for our passport renewals.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.