Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

In urgent need of Dean's help, seriously worried, no passport renewal yet!!

In urgent need of Dean's help, seriously worried, no passport renewal yet!!

Old Apr 7th 2011, 7:04 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In urgent need of Dean's help, seriously worried, no passport renewal yet!!

Originally Posted by Montfan72
Dean, thanks so much I will try and pm you, not sure if I can though as I'm a new member. I am seriously in a panic now after learning that you can expect your renewed passport 6 weeks after you have been charged. My account was charged two weeks ago!
Dh's arrived just a week and a half after the CC was charged, so fingers crossed you get it this week.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 7:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In urgent need of Dean's help, seriously worried, no passport renewal yet!!

Thanks, I really hope so. Dean I'm so grateful for you responding to me and going above and beyond the call of duty. I did pm you...hopefully you were able to receive the message...
Old Apr 22nd 2011, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

SarahC922 is a splendid one to beholdSarahC922 is a splendid one to beholdSarahC922 is a splendid one to beholdSarahC922 is a splendid one to beholdSarahC922 is a splendid one to beholdSarahC922 is a splendid one to beholdSarahC922 is a splendid one to beholdSarahC922 is a splendid one to beholdSarahC922 is a splendid one to beholdSarahC922 is a splendid one to beholdSarahC922 is a splendid one to behold

I'm sure I'm fooling myself but I mailed in my passport to be renewed due to a name change and it was received by Washington on April 7th. My card has not been charged yet and I'm scheduled to leave the country on May 13th to take my baby to meet my father who has had countless health issues and to visit my fiance. I called the Careline and they were incredibly helpful as I was filling out the application but not when I called for an idea on when I could expect to receive it. Is there hope I could get it in time for our trip? Is there anything I can do to speed up the process? The website said 4 weeks so I assumed that 5 weeks would be fine as we had just moved and I couldn't locate my passport right away. My sons US passport was sent and received within 8 days. I'm freaking out and don't like it!
Old Apr 22nd 2011, 3:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahC922
I'm sure I'm fooling myself but I mailed in my passport to be renewed due to a name change and it was received by Washington on April 7th. My card has not been charged yet and I'm scheduled to leave the country on May 13th to take my baby to meet my father who has had countless health issues and to visit my fiance. I called the Careline and they were incredibly helpful as I was filling out the application but not when I called for an idea on when I could expect to receive it. Is there hope I could get it in time for our trip? Is there anything I can do to speed up the process? The website said 4 weeks so I assumed that 5 weeks would be fine as we had just moved and I couldn't locate my passport right away. My sons US passport was sent and received within 8 days. I'm freaking out and don't like it!
One more post and then you should be able to private message Dean (British Consul) he might be able to guide you in the right direction.
Old Apr 22nd 2011, 3:21 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Why did you travel with the old passport and your marriage certificate?
Old Apr 22nd 2011, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

SarahC922 is a splendid one to beholdSarahC922 is a splendid one to beholdSarahC922 is a splendid one to beholdSarahC922 is a splendid one to beholdSarahC922 is a splendid one to beholdSarahC922 is a splendid one to beholdSarahC922 is a splendid one to beholdSarahC922 is a splendid one to beholdSarahC922 is a splendid one to beholdSarahC922 is a splendid one to beholdSarahC922 is a splendid one to behold

What?! Could I have? The craziest part is I'm divorced so the name change on the passport to my married name is not for much longer. If I could have done that, I wouldn't be in such a stupidly unorganized pickle.
Old Apr 22nd 2011, 4:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Apr 22nd 2011 at 4:27 pm.
Old Apr 22nd 2011, 5:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

mikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond repute

What?! Could I have? The craziest part is I'm divorced so the name change on the passport to my married name is not for much longer. If I could have done that, I wouldn't be in such a stupidly unorganized pickle.
Yes, I do believe if you have a legal doc showing both names then you could have used your old passport. I had this situation a few years back.
Old Apr 22nd 2011, 6:48 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, this is advised on the marriage-based forum regardless of whether the passport holder who has a different surname due to marriage is advised to use their original passport and their marriage certificate.
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Karrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond repute

My passport arrived the morning of my travel date to London a full two and a half months after I sent in the application. It was a nerve wracking time indeed. I tried to call the Boston consulate several times but it was hard to get hold of a real person. When I did get a real person it was all very vague. Thanks though too Dean who got in touch with me, maybe he waved a magic wand...
Old Apr 25th 2011, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow talk about a close call......
Old Apr 25th 2011, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

Jhutchnz is an unknown quantity at this point

I am looking forward to hearing what you decide to do as I am in A VERY SIMILAR predicament (dad very sick and never met my daughter) My pp was sent off the 8th /arrived the 11th April (using a postal-order)We had already planned on leaving the 17th May before hearing of dad getting sick.. Will not be able to go to London till October if we miss this boat due to airline prices..so.. please let us know what happens. I understand that it is pointless calling the careline till its been 4weeks..so....
Old Apr 25th 2011, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

I only found these forums when I got jammed up because of the passport . I'll be visiting more frequently as my fiance was my next door neighbor when I was 9 and will be needing to figure out how we can get him here so we can be a family. If I'd only known or if there were a way for me to get my documents back. I don't think I've ever been so saddened or felt so ridiculous.
Old Apr 25th 2011, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jhutchnz
I am looking forward to hearing what you decide to do as I am in A VERY SIMILAR predicament (dad very sick and never met my daughter) My pp was sent off the 8th /arrived the 11th April (using a postal-order)We had already planned on leaving the 17th May before hearing of dad getting sick.. Will not be able to go to London till October if we miss this boat due to airline prices..so.. please let us know what happens. I understand that it is pointless calling the careline till its been 4weeks..so....
Good luck to you! I'll let you know how it turns out; keep me posted too?
Old Apr 25th 2011, 5:48 pm
Just Joined

Jhutchnz is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck to you! I'll let you know how it turns out; keep me posted too?
I will! and prayers go out to your dad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.