Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

update on my quest for an interview date

update on my quest for an interview date

Old Aug 8th 2001, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

robbiesgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys,

From my last post i knew that some of you wanted to know how i got on after calling the Embassy. The answer is very well. They basically told me that they are very very backlogged at the moment, so even though i know they have recieved packet 3 from me (through checking with Royal Mail), then haven't logged it onto their system yet. I told her that i didn't mind a short notice interview date. She also told me that if it looks as if my Notice of Action was going to run out before the interview date, all i have to do is get a letter from my fiance stating he is still legally free and willing to marry me. (This may be handy info for someone who finds themselves in the same situation.) She also said to call back next week and the Embassy will see what they can do. She was fairly helpful for someone from the Embassy She reassured me that even though i am thinking it's taking a while, there have been cases that have been pending a lot longer (!) and that they'll do what they can to try and get me my interview before the time i stated i wanted to be in the USA. Anyway guys, sorry for boring you with all that, if anything else unfolds i'll let you know. Thank you for being a support when i was getting stressed over this, your advice helps loads.
Old Aug 8th 2001, 8:17 pm
Raoul Duke

Hey, that's great. I'm glad that you called them.........sounds like you're getting
someplace.

Oh well, you're now in the same situation as me. Approved and awaiting an interview
date. I'll let you know if I hear anything soon.....take care.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Aug 8th 2001, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah, i think i made a breakthrough! Definately make sure you let me know how things go for you, us K-1er's have to stick together. Thanks for your help and everything, i'm glad i took your advice and called them up. Take care.
Old Aug 8th 2001, 10:38 pm
Xtrynytix

That's excellent news.

The staff at the Embassy in London are extremely helpful. I also found them to be
very pleasant. The medical and interview themselves was no where near as bad as I
thought. I had my Visa by 12.30.

They will, I am sure, do all they can to accommodate you. I am glad it's going OK.)

Much Love Becki and Mark x

Old Aug 9th 2001, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Becki and Mark, it's nice to have support from people who know exactly what you are going through, not just some outsider who doesn't really know the patience involved in this whole process. Hopefully soon me and my guy will be at the same stage as you two. If anything else arises i'll be sure to keep you posted. Take care xxxx