Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Up The Albion!

Up The Albion!

Old Nov 1st 2011, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

KrisL1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Up The Albion!

We were fortunate to get a point from the game I agree, our form this year has been patchy in most games. Lately they have performing much more consistently but still they struggle to find the net in games to finish of thier opponents. We are also still leaky in defence and the top two keepers we have are both very suspect especially with crosses. I hope more so than bringing in players that we get better coaches to solve the mystery. Good Luck in the upcoming match tonight away to Watford.
Old Nov 1st 2011, 1:10 pm
Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Sheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond repute

Think that both our forms are very similar to date. And thanks - we need the win tonight to get back to a more solid footing. Shocking stat that shows we gave away 12 points from winning positions.
Old Nov 1st 2011, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

I hope Billy Panyter finally gets a chance to play some football. You can't fault the guy for his work ethic but his struggles in front of goal will hopefully come to an end playing you Albion. Although Mackail-Smith and Barnes played very well together against us and will keep Paynter out of a starting role. I am expecting nothing less than a win against Blackpool on tomorrow but who knows in this league.
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 1:17 pm
Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Sheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KrisL1
I am expecting nothing less than a win against Blackpool on tomorrow but who knows in this league.
Good luck - should be do-able (and I think that's what I said to myself about last night's game )
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you! We have the advantage with it being at home but without the pairing of our regular CB's I am not too confident but hopefully will prove me wrong.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 1:05 pm
Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Originally Posted by KrisL1
Thank you! We have the advantage with it being at home but without the pairing of our regular CB's I am not too confident but hopefully will prove me wrong.
oops.............
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sheepdip
oops.............
You have that down perfect they dont get paid for oops!
Old Nov 4th 2011, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud of

The table is looking pretty good at the moment I'd say. Mind the gap boys, mind the gap.

AFC Totton in the 1st Rd proper of the FA Cup for the 1st time ever as well. Fox Soccer have 6 live 1st Rd FA Cup games and 2 on full delay. Great coverage. Shame Totton drew another non-league team as they aren't on.

However this means they have a great chance of making it to Rd 2. It's been great seeing Saints on TV a few times in recent weeks (some with a 30-odd hour delay but it's been easy enough to avoid the score) but to see Totton? That would be freaky.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud of

Saints v Brighton is on Fox Soccer Plus @ 8pm ET Sunday 20th Nov.

Far from live (a 34 hour delay) but way better than nothing. It's fairly easy to avoid the score.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 2:30 pm
Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Good spot! Which probably means it's on live somewhere.............

Should be a cracking game which, to be honest, I'm not looking forward to in light of your current form.
Old Nov 18th 2011, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

BHAFC14 is on a distinguished road

Saints Brighton game now being shown live on Fox Soccer TV

http://www.foxsoccer.tv/

but you do need to subscribe or find a friendly pub. Nevada Smiths are screening it in NYC.

Looks like Poyet’s comments about the alleged Suarez racism incident are getting more coverage than the game. The thread on NSC is now up to 28 pages!

http://www.northstandchat.com/showth...right-or-wrong
Old Nov 18th 2011, 7:34 pm
Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Thought it would turn up live

Going to be a good game (and hopefully for us!).
Old Jan 4th 2012, 2:27 pm
Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Don't you just love this game? Loose to the bottom team on Saturday then beat the top team on Monday. You just can't tell.....
Old Jan 4th 2012, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

BHAFC14 is on a distinguished road

I was back in the UK at the end of November and saw my first game at the new Stadium against Coventry City. The stadium more than lives up to the hype - it's fantastic right from the approach from Falmer station until you get inside. The fact that we won, and that they sell Harveys and Dark Star together with some of the best pies I've ever had at a football ground, was the icing on the cake!
Old Jan 4th 2012, 10:58 pm
Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Originally Posted by BHAFC14
I was back in the UK at the end of November and saw my first game at the new Stadium against Coventry City. The stadium more than lives up to the hype - it's fantastic right from the approach from Falmer station until you get inside. The fact that we won, and that they sell Harveys and Dark Star together with some of the best pies I've ever had at a football ground, was the icing on the cake!
It's great isn't it? After all those homeless years. I went back for the first Championship game against Doncaster and apart from a couple of glitches with the screens it was a very memorable day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.