Reload this Page >

Unqiue travel to the US question

Unqiue travel to the US question

Old Sep 4th 2021, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

BrittoATL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Unqiue travel to the US question

Hello all

long time lurker and have what I think is a unique question to ask you all. I think I know the answer but me and my wife are hoping and trying everything we can do.

So me and my now wife decided just before the pandemic to get married. I was in the process of getting my L1a visa and she is a US citizen. Fast forward through COVID all the visa drama (should be a movie ) and our original wedding party with UK folks over was planned for October 2020! This was then put back to October 2021. I know my parents friends etc won’t be able to come and it’s really hard and upsetting. But even more I have 2 children from a previous marriage who won’t be able to make it.

I can travel back ok but would love to be able to take my children I don’t think there is anyway but I wonder if my situation and NIE could help at all. I meeting with the consulate and talking to homeland at Heathrow in Monday.

any thoughts from anyone of any hope. They will be travelling on a esta

thanks in advance

Old Sep 4th 2021, 8:39 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unqiue travel to the US question

You said you think you know the answer... what do you think it is? And why?

Rene
Old Sep 4th 2021, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

I don’t think they will be able to fly with me as they will be on a esta and I will be in my L1A. I don’t think they will be in any of the specifics to waive the travel ban

Last edited by BrittoATL; Sep 4th 2021 at 8:48 pm.
Old Sep 4th 2021, 9:02 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BrittoATL
I don’t think they will be able to fly with me as they will be on a esta and I will be in my L1A. I don’t think they will be in any of the specifics to waive the travel ban
I agree with you.

Rene
Old Sep 5th 2021, 2:41 am
BE Enthusiast

destone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t think they will be able to fly with me as they will be on a esta and I will be in my L1A.
That’s not the reason. You can still get an NIE on ESTA if you’re eligible.
Old Sep 5th 2021, 2:00 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by destone
That’s not the reason. You can still get an NIE on ESTA if you’re eligible.
I think that is the essence of his question. Are his children eligible.

To the OP, if you have already had the wedding and are married, why do you want your children to visit the US at this time? There might be serious health repercussions to their visit for them. Is it worth the exposure just so they can meet their stepmother and to see where you are living, if they have not done so previously.
Old Sep 5th 2021, 4:01 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for everyone’s input so far. I’m not asking for views in health or the pandemic though. My reasons are my reasons.
Old Sep 5th 2021, 9:14 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I know spouses get a pass I thought minor step children did as well
Old Sep 5th 2021, 10:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

destone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
I know spouses get a pass I thought minor step children did as well
“Step children” depends on proper documentation.
Old Sep 7th 2021, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

Tino is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe I am missing it but it's not clear to me if you are already married and therefore have K1 visa, or you got your planned L1 visa, or indeed if you have any visa now?
Old Sep 7th 2021, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by Tino
Maybe I am missing it but it's not clear to me if you are already married and therefore have K1 visa, or you got your planned L1 visa, or indeed if you have any visa now?
The K-1 is a fiance visa, so if he were married he wouldn't have that visa anyway.

He says "now wife", so seems to be married.

Seems he holds an L-1 work visa.

Rene
Old Sep 16th 2021, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

Coxy5617 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all

long time lurker and have what I think is a unique question to ask you all. I think I know the answer but me and my wife are hoping and trying everything we can do.

So me and my now wife decided just before the pandemic to get married. I was in the process of getting my L1a visa and she is a US citizen. Fast forward through COVID all the visa drama (should be a movie ) and our original wedding party with UK folks over was planned for October 2020! This was then put back to October 2021. I know my parents friends etc won’t be able to come and it’s really hard and upsetting. But even more I have 2 children from a previous marriage who won’t be able to make it.

I can travel back ok but would love to be able to take my children I don’t think there is anyway but I wonder if my situation and NIE could help at all. I meeting with the consulate and talking to homeland at Heathrow in Monday.

any thoughts from anyone of any hope. They will be travelling on a esta

thanks in advance
hi I’ve applied twice for my son to be able to join us after being separated for 18 months. He was 19 snd both applications have been denied. I wish you the best of luck in getting them out here but they don’t seem to be sympathetic towards reuniting children with their families
Old Sep 17th 2021, 9:25 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Only citizens, LPRs and a few selected visa holders such as L1 are allowed to enter AFAIK. ESTA definitely not. Though I stand to be corrected if this has changed in the last few days... though I doubt it.

Last edited by Elvira; Sep 17th 2021 at 9:29 pm.
Old Sep 18th 2021, 2:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Elvira
Only citizens, LPRs and a few selected visa holders such as L1 are allowed to enter AFAIK. ESTA definitely not. Though I stand to be corrected if this has changed in the last few days... though I doubt it.
L1s are not allowed. If you qualify for an NIE it doesn’t matter if you’re on L1 or ESTA. Exceptions are listed here: https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2021/01/28/2021-02024/suspension-of-entry-as-immigrants-and-nonimmigrants-of-certain-additional-persons-who-pose-a-risk-of
Old Sep 18th 2021, 2:23 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
Originally Posted by destone
L1s are not allowed. If you qualify for an NIE it doesn’t matter if you’re on L1 or ESTA. Exceptions are listed here: https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2021/01/28/2021-02024/suspension-of-entry-as-immigrants-and-nonimmigrants-of-certain-additional-persons-who-pose-a-risk-of
No one is not allowed (beyond the normal immigration criteria). People are still entering with all sorts of visa’s including using ESTA for VW.

What is prohibited is people who have been in certain countries in the last 14 days. But as Destone notes and the link defines there are exceptions to that, USC, LPR, certain family relate to them and people with a valid NIE.

So a Mexican who has been in UK, SA, or Schengen Country in the Last 14 days is prohibited from entry but a Brit who has been in Mexico for 14+ days can enter.

Last edited by tht; Sep 18th 2021 at 2:38 pm.