Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Universal Health Ins? The Candidates.

Universal Health Ins? The Candidates.

Old Dec 13th 2007, 2:17 pm
gurt mint nit?

Xebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Universal Health Ins? The Candidates.

Originally Posted by neil
I think we should privatise the police - everyone has to pay insurance and when you need the police for whatever reason you have to get pre-approval from your insurance company. Then we should do the same for the fire service.
Also, the Libraries, Post Office, Army, Navy, AirForce, Public works and any other thingies.

Can you imagine it?

"Hello? Aliance Insurance? Yes, it seems Mexico has just invaded Texas and my house is getting shelled. Would you send the army in please? No, I didn't know about that clause - hang on let me check my policy."
Old Dec 13th 2007, 2:40 pm
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Xebedee
Also, the Libraries, Post Office, Army, Navy, AirForce, Public works and any other thingies.

Can you imagine it?

"Hello? Aliance Insurance? Yes, it seems Mexico has just invaded Texas and my house is getting shelled. Would you send the army in please? No, I didn't know about that clause - hang on let me check my policy."
Yeah, I can see it now...."Your United States Airforce presented by Federal Express."
Old Dec 13th 2007, 2:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ugacrew
Yeah, I can see it now...."Your United States Airforce presented by Federal Express."
There may be camouflage problems though with those company logos; although they might give them an edge in urban environments.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 2:56 pm
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
There may be camouflage problems though with those company logos; although they might give them an edge in urban environments.
They already have a prototype for the U.S. Army. Just gotta find a way to tone down the colors. This is a NASCAR jacket.
Attached Thumbnails Universal Health Ins? The Candidates.-army.jpg  
Old Dec 13th 2007, 2:57 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
In many cases, the fire department is volunteer.
and they charge the end user accordingly...
Old Dec 15th 2007, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

simongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond repute

How about 'Your United States President presented by Lobbyists and Special Interest groups'?? Now, that would be weird wouldn't it....
Old Dec 15th 2007, 5:23 am
Riding on silver wings

Originally Posted by simongb
How about 'Your United States President presented by Lobbyists and Special Interest groups'?? Now, that would be weird wouldn't it....
That couldn't be farther from the truth. That's EXACTLY how it's done. All the politicians have sold their soul to the devil to some extent. The devil being lobbyists. Yet you hear politician after politician talk about how they want to reform the system. All bulls*** really. No one bites the hand that feeds them. It's just lip service to their respective constituency so they can slide in and legislate the country away to big business. Frankly I'm tired of it. However what I'm really tired of is blatant favoritism that is shown by the current administration. Meaning that no-bid contracts have been awarded to firms that they are heavily buddy buddy with. I honestly think that the war in Iraq was started for just this purpose. A perfect way to empty the coffers of the government with a so-called legitimate reason to back it. I could go on and on however you know where I'm going with this. I just pisses me off. We could have so many things taken care of at home including the healthcare program for children instead of this snafu out in Iraq.
Old Dec 15th 2007, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

simongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond repute

That couldn't be farther from the truth. That's EXACTLY how it's done. All the politicians have sold their soul to the devil to some extent. The devil being lobbyists. Yet you hear politician after politician talk about how they want to reform the system. All bulls*** really. No one bites the hand that feeds them. It's just lip service to their respective constituency so they can slide in and legislate the country away to big business. Frankly I'm tired of it. However what I'm really tired of is blatant favoritism that is shown by the current administration. Meaning that no-bid contracts have been awarded to firms that they are heavily buddy buddy with. I honestly think that the war in Iraq was started for just this purpose. A perfect way to empty the coffers of the government with a so-called legitimate reason to back it. I could go on and on however you know where I'm going with this. I just pisses me off. We could have so many things taken care of at home including the healthcare program for children instead of this snafu out in Iraq.
I was being ironic. This system of government is very corrupt. Everyone is doing deals with everyone. The public is manipulated with fear and the fat cats at the top keep raking in the money. Sad really. However, those fat cats need to realise that nothing lasts forever.
Old Dec 15th 2007, 11:36 am
Riding on silver wings

I was being ironic. This system of government is very corrupt. Everyone is doing deals with everyone. The public is manipulated with fear and the fat cats at the top keep raking in the money. Sad really. However, those fat cats need to realise that nothing lasts forever.
I did note that. I had to laugh when I read your statement because of it. Despite your tone it was a dead on assessment of how the government works. I just needed to add my viewpoints. Tis all
Old Dec 15th 2007, 1:38 pm
gurt mint nit?

Xebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond repute

I did note that. I had to laugh when I read your statement because of it. Despite your tone it was a dead on assessment of how the government works. I just needed to add my viewpoints. Tis all
In the movie "Sicko" Michael Moore interviews Tony Benn who describes the origins of the NHS and the philosophy behind it.

Here's a utube link for anyone who missed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37wkX2gklzo
Old Dec 15th 2007, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks! That's why I like coming on this forum. Being British is more than where you come from, I think it's a state of mind. Sometimes, I think I am going crazy because people around me don't think the same (the locals). Then I come on here and people 'get it'. Have a good Holiday!
Old Dec 15th 2007, 5:01 pm
Riding on silver wings

Thanks! That's why I like coming on this forum. Being British is more than where you come from, I think it's a state of mind. Sometimes, I think I am going crazy because people around me don't think the same (the locals). Then I come on here and people 'get it'. Have a good Holiday!
Would you believe I'm not British. I'm just an American who's tired with the bulls*** that the government is dishing out. I'm tired of all the press conferences where the current talking head of the day is spoon feeding me information in the hopes that I'll buy it. I'm sick of Fox news and it's constant conservative bias misleading those on the current state of affairs. I hate the fact that the current administration has tunnel vision and lack of foresight. The wheels have already been set in motion and I don't like the direction in where we are going. It's going to take more than eight years to get us back on track. These eight years of uncertainty which will affect me and everyone else out there. I'm tired of government inefficiency, corruption, favors, lobbyist, and being taken for someone easily persuaded. F*** Bush and his policies. I take solace in knowing I'm not alone in this regard.
Old Dec 15th 2007, 5:39 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Xebedee
In the movie "Sicko" Michael Moore interviews Tony Benn who describes the origins of the NHS and the philosophy behind it.

Here's a utube link for anyone who missed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37wkX2gklzo

Unfortunately times have changed, a lot.
Old Dec 15th 2007, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Would you believe I'm not British. I'm just an American who's tired with the bulls*** that the government is dishing out. I'm tired of all the press conferences where the current talking head of the day is spoon feeding me information in the hopes that I'll buy it. I'm sick of Fox news and it's constant conservative bias misleading those on the current state of affairs. I hate the fact that the current administration has tunnel vision and lack of foresight. The wheels have already been set in motion and I don't like the direction in where we are going. It's going to take more than eight years to get us back on track. These eight years of uncertainty which will affect me and everyone else out there. I'm tired of government inefficiency, corruption, favors, lobbyist, and being taken for someone easily persuaded. F*** Bush and his policies. I take solace in knowing I'm not alone in this regard.
Ok, you took the words out of my mouth.
Old Dec 15th 2007, 9:48 pm
gurt mint nit?

Originally Posted by Boiler
Unfortunately times have changed, a lot.
In the state I'm in, as much as 15% are without coverage. How many are underinsured is anyones guess. Time may march on but things are still plainly fair or unfair.

Like he said (para) "If a Govt. can afford a war, it can afford to provide basic needs to the people" It seems modern events still line up the same way as they did 50 years ago, in that respect at least.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.