Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

United Healthcare

United Healthcare

Old Oct 13th 2009, 7:02 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: United Healthcare

I am having minor procedure done and asked for the codes from my Dr 1st then called Blue Cross and got a $ amount then got the Drs to confirm the procedure price and all the extrs in writing, the bastards aren't catching me out anymore this year if I can help it.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 8:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy

So that's it. I'm SOL 'cos they show 'Office' on the Estimator knowing full well that it would be an outpatient setting for a CT scan.

B*stards.
Contact the doctor and see if they can resubmit the claim with the code for office. Sometimes there can be a gray area around that kind of stuff. If they say no then ask for a price reduction. If they say no to that then say you will pay their price on a payment plan of $1 a week since the cost was unexpected and not what your insurance quoted.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 9:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
Contact the doctor and see if they can resubmit the claim with the code for office. Sometimes there can be a gray area around that kind of stuff. If they say no then ask for a price reduction. If they say no to that then say you will pay their price on a payment plan of $1 a week since the cost was unexpected and not what your insurance quoted.
Another option is to get the company's HR dept to push for a waiver of the extra cost due to their error in the calculator. After all, the employer is the customer of the insurance company and United Healthcare might want to keep the employer sweet. Probably a small probability of it working, but there's nothing to lose...
Old Oct 13th 2009, 9:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent idea!
Old Oct 13th 2009, 9:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Another option is to get the company's HR dept to push for a waiver of the extra cost due to their error in the calculator. After all, the employer is the customer of the insurance company and United Healthcare might want to keep the employer sweet. Probably a small probability of it working, but there's nothing to lose...
Another excellent idea!!
Old Oct 14th 2009, 12:34 am
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

I will try that Dunc, cheers.
I spoke with a wifie at the hospital last week. They're willing to do interest free for the next 9 months, which was alright of them I guess.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 3:11 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Bit of a result

UHC have reduced my balance with the hospital from $1,115 to $750.
They acknowledged their online Treatment Cost Calculator was shite flawed, so they met me in the middle as to what they/I expected.

Thanks everyone for the input.
Glad I posted in the 1st place.