Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

United Airlines website..???

Wikiposts

United Airlines website..???

Old Jun 3rd 2007, 11:44 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: United Airlines website..???

Originally Posted by penguinsix
It sounds like a DNS error. Comcast DNS servers frequently have problems.

A work around is to do a traceroute to find the IP address of a website that is showing this sort of error. Then enter that IP address in the URL space of your web browser, which often provides the page you are after (well, sometimes).
Thanks - I'll pass this on to my IT manager (aka 'hubs')
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 2:28 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: United Airlines website..???

My friend's mum is flying from Sydney to Newark on Friday and this afternoon she called from Oz to get the flight details (as her daughter had booked the flight).

My friend couldn't pull up the flight booking which United had e-mailed to her Hotmail account and was going to call United....and yes from New Jersey the United.com site was down. (She has DSL with Verizon).
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 2:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
My friend's mum is flying from Sydney to Newark on Friday and this afternoon she called from Oz to get the flight details (as her daughter had booked the flight).

My friend couldn't pull up the flight booking which United had e-mailed to her Hotmail account and was going to call United....and yes from New Jersey the United.com site was down. (She has DSL with Verizon).
We have DSL with Verizon and I had no trouble.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 5:00 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

I still cannot access United via Comcast but was able to book using dial-up............. took forever though

Very strange!
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 10:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
I still cannot access United via Comcast but was able to book using dial-up............. took forever though

Very strange!
Perhaps United had some servers down - and it was just luck which server you got. Glad it worked out for you though.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 11:46 pm
Homebody

Originally Posted by Tracym
Perhaps United had some servers down - and it was just luck which server you got. Glad it worked out for you though.
Ah - of course it is working now! Whatever problem they had seems to have been sorted.

Anyway, we're booked now

You guys won't see much of me in August...
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 11:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Ah - of course it is working now! Whatever problem they had seems to have been sorted.

Anyway, we're booked now

You guys won't see much of me in August...
I must have missed it (if you said) - might I ask where you're going? Back to London?

Only if you want to say of course.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 11:51 pm
Homebody

I must have missed it (if you said) - might I ask where you're going? Back to London?

Only if you want to say of course.
Where else!

Same procedure as every year
Old Jun 4th 2007, 12:18 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: United Airlines website..???

Where else!

Hey....are you still in LA or are you in the East Coast right now? Your last post was at 7.51am ET or 4.51am in Los Angeles! Do you have insomnia?
Old Jun 4th 2007, 12:55 am
Homebody

Hey....are you still in LA or are you in the East Coast right now? Your last post was at 7.51am ET or 4.51am in Los Angeles! Do you have insomnia?
LA??? Never lived there - I'm in a more sane part of Cali

Up early 'cos DH had an early flight to catch...
Old Jun 4th 2007, 12:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Where else!

That's great. I hope you have a good trip. Do you get to stay for long?
Old Jun 4th 2007, 12:59 am
Homebody

That's great. I hope you have a good trip. Do you get to stay for long?
5 weeks
Old Jun 4th 2007, 3:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

Where else!

see ur a dinner for one fan too...miss sofie!!!
Old Jun 4th 2007, 3:29 am
Homebody

Originally Posted by Deedee13
see ur a dinner for one fan too...miss sofie!!!
Fan would be pushing it...
Old Jun 4th 2007, 7:31 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

5 weeks
Sounds mahvellous dahlink. Going to make it over to the Continent at all?

I'm going over in September for gawd knows how long.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.