Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

The Underwear Police

Wikiposts

The Underwear Police

Old Feb 9th 2005, 1:12 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Underwear Police

You would think that there would be more important things they could be working on.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4249831.stm

And who will be measuring how much is too much?
Old Feb 9th 2005, 1:18 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Underwear Police

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
You would think that there would be more important things they could be working on.

LMAO!! hilarious!! don't these people realize that they look like complete idiots dressed this way?! i absolutley laugh my ass off, they think they look cooll hahaha!! A couple of months ago this dude walked across the street (while several lanes where stopped at the red light ,me included) and i absolutly pissed myself when i saw that his jeans were way down his ass, crotch down to the knees, i mean he had to walk slowly just to make sure they didn't fall down
Funniest of all even his underwear was apparently victim to this fashion craze and we all got an eye full of his ASS!!!!
Old Feb 9th 2005, 2:12 am
Gurning up a storm!

Location: Just moved back to NH from UK after the wife and I tried living in UK
Suffolk Bumpkin has a spectacular aura aboutSuffolk Bumpkin has a spectacular aura aboutSuffolk Bumpkin has a spectacular aura about
Wink Re: The Underwear Police

Its a symbol of the decay of society. Politicians with such cushy lives they havent got anything else to deal with than crap like this.
The Roman empire went the same way - they got soft and spent too much time on non vital issues - then the barbarians came and took it all away.

Me? my pants are going to stay firnly hitched above my armpits...
Old Feb 9th 2005, 2:23 am
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone remember in the 60s when some people wanted to ban long hair for guys because it made them look like girls ?

Good Taste is a very individual (or group) thing. My own teenage daughter wears Goth stuff. She is a tall, leggy, slim, (natural) blonde who looks fabulous in an elegant gown. Who am I to tell her that her Goth stuff is in bad taste just because I don't like it ?

I think that the ass-hugging fashion is ridiculous, but I wouldn't presume to tell the kids at the Mall as much. It's none of my business.

Tolerance of differences is a wonderful thing.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 2:54 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

And they call America the Land of The Free because???
Old Feb 9th 2005, 2:58 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sibsie
And they call America the Land of The Free because???

Because they say so.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 3:02 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Because they say so.
Well that's ok then.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 3:06 am

Well that's ok then.
Seriously though, it's an odd thing. Many Americans grow up believing, as an act of faith, that this country is more free (without providing any definition of "free") than any other; that the Press is the best (and the most free, naturally); that the education system is the best; the economic system is the best; the health care system is the best, etc. etc. Most of them can't substantiate it, don't know anything about how things are in other countries; they just believe. I'm not saying there aren't a lot of good things to say about this country, but it is, in the end, like any other place - some good, some bad. But it is extraordinary how they truly believe that the very essence of freedom is the U.S.A.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 3:10 am
C.G.D.S

But it is extraordinary how they truly believe that the very essence of freedom is the U.S.A.
My husband is the worst offender for that. I've asked him about it and all he (card carrying NRA member) can come up with, is the right to bear arms!
Old Feb 9th 2005, 3:12 am
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

The reason why some dudes wear their pants so low down (and the tradition is without a belt) is because they are show solidarity with their brothers in the big house who can't wear a belt.

Don't ask me how I know that...
Old Feb 9th 2005, 3:12 am
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute

My husband is the worst offender for that. I've asked him about it and all he (card carrying NRA member) can come up with, is the right to bear arms!
On that basis, Afghanistan and Yemen are free countries.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 3:13 am
C.G.D.S

Originally Posted by Webbie
The reason why some dudes wear their pants so low down (and the tradition is without a belt) is because they are show solidarity with their brothers in the big house who can't wear a belt.

Don't ask me how I know that...
I'm going to steal that and use it as my own.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 3:14 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

oh god my hubby's the same.. spouts the same "right to bear arms" crap..i tell you the kids are brainwashed at school..my kid came home with a "weekly reader" telling em all how wonderful Bush and his administration is...big ol' mug shot of Bush on the cover...brainwashed i tell you!
Old Feb 9th 2005, 3:17 am
C.G.D.S

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
oh god my hubby's the same
Dayum, that's one less on my husband swap list.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 3:18 am

Dayum, that's one less on my husband swap list.
You are organised. I never made a list.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.