Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Uncertainty of expat life

Uncertainty of expat life

Old Aug 7th 2011, 7:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uncertainty of expat life

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake
If it makes you feel any better, I have brick failing on our garage that needs to be addressed and I don't have a clue what to expect from a cost standpoint there!

If you know what I mean
Old Aug 7th 2011, 7:13 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uncertainty of expat life

Originally Posted by Redwing
Without knowing the area to be covered, I would hesitate to guess if the price is OK. You could go to Lowe's, or somebody like that, and ask them to give you a quote, since if anything goes wrong, they would be on the hook. You could also try your local building inspector, and ask her/him for names.
We are going with Sears for that very reason. 3 year labor guarantee and then only $99 dollars an incident after that. Material is a life time non-prorated guarantee. 70% of the cost is paid after completion and only after we have time to examine the installation. Done all the research I can and while there are online complaints saying Sears are crap etc, they are a lost less than you normally find.

Our city staff are not allowed to recommend contractors, avoids back handers, and as I'm a councilor there's no chance they would tell me.