Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Unbelievable

Unbelievable

Old Nov 18th 2005, 8:40 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold
Default Unbelievable

Well, with the after effects of WILMA still very much in evidence all round here we now have GAMMA due to arrive here on Monday. At the moment looking like a strong tropical storm but with plenty of potential to develop to hurricane status in the meantime. The center track is identical to WILMA's which means we get the brunt here again:

On the bright side theres bugger all trees left here to come down.
Old Nov 18th 2005, 8:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unbelievable

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Well, with the after effects of WILMA still very much in evidence all round here we now have GAMMA due to arrive here on Monday. At the moment looking like a strong tropical storm but with plenty of potential to develop to hurricane status in the meantime. The center track is identical to WILMA's which means we get the brunt here again:

Excellent. Here's to the power going out - hopefully - and more days off work.
Old Nov 18th 2005, 9:20 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Keep telling people ..never live south of Tampa ...
Old Nov 18th 2005, 9:24 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Excellent. Here's to the power going out - hopefully - and more days off work.
Power out is pretty much a given. A light breeze tends to down the transformers round here.

Originally Posted by Ray
Keep telling people ..never live south of Tampa ...
14 days and counting
Old Nov 18th 2005, 9:35 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

Why is it unbelievable exactly? You do live in an area where it's not exactly unknown.
Old Nov 18th 2005, 10:04 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by neil
Why is it unbelievable exactly? You do live in an area where it's not exactly unknown.
Alright its not unbeleivable. Infact its all too beleivable. I was merely expressing my incredulity over it. But frankly bollox to you and enjoy your snow storms for the next few months.
Old Nov 18th 2005, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

basementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond repute

Alright its not unbeleivable. Infact its all too beleivable. I was merely expressing my incredulity over it. But frankly bollox to you and enjoy your snow storms for the next few months.

look on the bright side... there are people in the world that are burdoned by the fact they cannot fly kites! you could have a great time flying kites... sailing....wind surfing.... standing in the street and holding your coat open and jumping in the air to see how far you can fly! (sorry, flashback to childhood!)
Old Nov 18th 2005, 10:11 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by basementwaj
look on the bright side... there are people in the world that are burdoned by the fact they cannot fly kites! you could have a great time flying kites... sailing....wind surfing.... standing in the street and holding your coat open and jumping in the air to see how far you can fly! (sorry, flashback to childhood!)
Actually the surf during Katrina and Wilma was great. The main problem with the jumping in the air bit is the avoiding flying palm trees etc.
Old Nov 18th 2005, 10:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

basementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond repute

Actually the surf during Katrina and Wilma was great. The main problem with the jumping in the air bit is the avoiding flying palm trees etc.

bugger
Old Nov 18th 2005, 10:58 pm
stara koka masna juha

cutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond repute

they name them in alphabetical order per year, what happened to all the rest?
Old Nov 18th 2005, 11:07 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in the NYC area so our snowstorms are minor. But even so 5 inches of that darn white stuff can paralyze the city. But I will take snowstorms over hurricanes and tornadoes. It is unusual though for the gulf coast of florida to get hit so often in one year. But then again it is unbelievable that all the gulf states were hit not once but twice this season by hurricanes.
Old Nov 18th 2005, 11:12 pm
The Duchess of Putney

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Well, with the after effects of WILMA still very much in evidence all round here we now have GAMMA due to arrive here on Monday.
I guess you could always move to Alaska.

Or perhaps not...
Old Nov 19th 2005, 12:44 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by cutina
they name them in alphabetical order per year, what happened to all the rest?
They already happened thats what.... This is the 24th named storm this year.
Old Nov 19th 2005, 12:44 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Elvira
I guess you could always move to Alaska.

Or perhaps not...
Ahhhh. I'll pass.
Old Nov 19th 2005, 2:57 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by basementwaj
standing in the street and holding your coat open and jumping in the air to see how far you can fly! (sorry, flashback to childhood!)

I could only do that when me mum shouted me for my dinner dinner dinner dinner dinner dinner dinner dinner dinner well you get the idea.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.