the UN - is it a JOKE ?

Wikiposts

the UN - is it a JOKE ?

Old Aug 18th 2006, 5:30 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: the UN - is it a JOKE ?

Originally Posted by ironporer
This Cease-fire 'negotiated' by Bush's people is a joke. The whole premise of it is a joke, the UN is a joke, and any mission they go on is a joke...doomed to failure.
To be fair, I think they know that, I was going to say half time, maybe it is.

Israel is after all a one bomb problem.
Old Aug 18th 2006, 6:04 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
To be fair, I think they know that, I was going to say half time, maybe it is.

Israel is after all a one bomb problem.
My thought exactly; Israel had to recognise that they lost the PR battle big time (and loses worse every day as the Hezbos go about rebuilding southern Lebanon) Israel was running short of ammo (and it's people running out of Patience) and needed to make a major change in the leadership and the prosecution of the 'war'.

Odd how much news coverage the 1000 deaths in Lebanon got, while when a Shiite blows up 100 Sunni kids, or a Sunni kills 100 Shia women, hardly a word is said...other than the whole mess is Bush's fault. Why does nobody ask where the Muslim religious leaders are...why are they not all together issuing a cease and desist fatwa...why are they not beseeching their people to stop killing their brothers...? Oh, that's right, they're the once behind it all...ordering the killing that is 'Bush's fault'.
Old Aug 18th 2006, 6:08 am
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
I presume you are one of the many neocon sheep who are actually starting to believe that the answer to this problem is simply to murder all the 1 billion Muslims. Gawd 'elp us!
Don't be an arse. The problem with your logic is THIS. These idiots have been killing each other long before "bush" / "blair". They don't need an excuse and the leftists liberals in this country and the UK keep defending the terrorists by blaming bush and blair because that's their mantra.

I'm more concerned with LIVES. Lives of Muslims, Christians and all faiths or no faiths. To blame to just our leaders is Niave.

If we take your logic to the correct conclusion then I have EVERY right to support Bush to destroy the enemy who wages WAR against me and my family. Just like the terrorists do anyway. I love the way the left never comes up and says "yes, kill the terrorists" but say, "they are only terrorists" because of Bush and Blair. If you could hear yourselves. I would support ANY government who gets off their arse and at least tries (sometimes badly perhaps) to sort the problem out.

to do NOTHING as the left would have it would have left HITLER walking all over Poland (and it's citizens) and the whole of Europe. Thanks GOd we waged WAR on Hitler and The german people of the time. Thank God the German people and the rest of the world came out of the war without Hitler.
Old Aug 18th 2006, 6:11 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Where were the Pakastani suicide bombered during the Iran Iraq war?.

Probably having a few

The local rag had a small article at the height of the Lebanese incident, easily missed, 2,500 casualties a day in some African civi war, actually forgotten which one, Congo think. Down to Bush no doubt.

Can not stand Bush, but that is just such a cop out.
Old Aug 18th 2006, 6:11 am
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

This Cease-fire 'negotiated' by Bush's people is a joke. The whole premise of it is a joke, the UN is a joke, and any mission they go on is a joke...doomed to failure.
Yep concur but the cowards in the UN are the Joke. You give Bush too much credit he doesn't deserve here. I
Old Aug 18th 2006, 6:17 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by franc11s
Yep concur but the cowards in the UN are the Joke. You give Bush too much credit he doesn't deserve here. I
Bush is a puppet and a Joke as well. Had lot's of respect for Bush1, but this one thought God said 'trains' when he was passing out brains- and asked for a slow one.
Old Aug 18th 2006, 6:20 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Bush is a puppet and a Joke as well. Had lot's of respect for Bush1, but this one thought God said 'trains' when he was passing out brains- and asked for a slow one.
A bit OT, I see the next Nimitz class carrier is going to be named after Bush Senior. Do the Democrats never get a look in?
Old Aug 18th 2006, 6:21 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

How about a Sub called the 'Monica Lewinsky" .....goes down quickly.
Old Aug 18th 2006, 6:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

to do NOTHING as the left would have it would have left HITLER walking all over Poland (and it's citizens) and the whole of Europe. Thanks GOd we waged WAR on Hitler and The german people of the time. Thank God the German people and the rest of the world came out of the war without Hitler.
Interesting.. I've never heard a "Leftist" say "Let's do nothing about the Middle East" but I have heard a bunch of "Righties" saying "Lets leave them to it".
Old Aug 18th 2006, 6:26 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Don't be an arse. The problem with your logic is THIS. These idiots have been killing each other long before "bush" / "blair". They don't need an excuse and the leftists liberals in this country and the UK keep defending the terrorists by blaming bush and blair because that's their mantra.

I'm more concerned with LIVES. Lives of Muslims, Christians and all faiths or no faiths. To blame to just our leaders is Niave.

If we take your logic to the correct conclusion then I have EVERY right to support Bush to destroy the enemy who wages WAR against me and my family. Just like the terrorists do anyway. I love the way the left never comes up and says "yes, kill the terrorists" but say, "they are only terrorists" because of Bush and Blair. If you could hear yourselves. I would support ANY government who gets off their arse and at least tries (sometimes badly perhaps) to sort the problem out.

Have the Bush and Blair twins made the problem better or worse? Simple answer is that they have made it much, much worse and ensured the issue's longevity for at least another generation. This disastrous war was conceived and executed by Bush with Tone tagging along behind. Who else are we to blame?

Believe it or not, getting off your arse to solve a problem does not always involve picking up a weapon. This US regime has not had any meaningful dialogue with any of the players in the Middle East except Israel for the past 6 years. Their only answer has been ill-informed and ill-planned military intervention. And it has got them nowhere. I'm not against military intervention if it is useful, productive and used sparingly. I am against total stupidity and mindless killing.

In quoting Adolf, I feel I must point out Godwin's law before we stray too far down that path. Nevertheless, it could be noted that the US spent less time sorting out that problem than they have in their current Middle East intervention. Just because they managed to sort out one problem with military intervention 50 years ago with a reasonable degree of success does not mean that the answer to sorting out the problems of today can only include the use of force without dialogue.

If you are so concerned with lives, the simple fact is that Saddam at the time he was overthrown was killing far fewer people under his regime than the US is managing now. Is there any wonder that the population are less than enthusiastic about their liberation.

Biblical revenge does indeed seem to be a strong force driving the neocon right if your comments are anything to go by.
Old Aug 18th 2006, 6:33 am
Maño-Americano

Have the Bush and Blair twins made the problem better or worse? Simple answer is that they have made it much, much worse and ensured the issue's longevity for at least another generation. This disastrous war was conceived and executed by Bush with Tone tagging along behind. Who else are we to blame?

Believe it or not, getting off your arse to solve a problem does not always involve picking up a weapon. This US regime has not had any meaningful dialogue with any of the players in the Middle East except Israel for the past 6 years. Their only answer has been ill-informed and ill-planned military intervention. And it has got them nowhere. I'm not against military intervention if it is useful, productive and used sparingly. I am against total stupidity and mindless killing.

In quoting Adolf, I feel I must point out Godwin's law before we stray too far down that path. Nevertheless, it could be noted that the US spent less time sorting out that problem than they have in their current Middle East intervention. Just because they managed to sort out one problem with military intervention 50 years ago with a reasonable degree of success does not mean that the answer to sorting out the problems of today can only include the use of force without dialogue.

If you are so concerned with lives, the simple fact is that Saddam at the time he was overthrown was killing far fewer people under his regime than the US is managing now. Is there any wonder that the population are less than enthusiastic about their liberation.

Biblical revenge does indeed seem to be a strong force driving the neocon right if your comments are anything to go by.
Neville Chamberlain would be so proud of you.
Old Aug 18th 2006, 6:43 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Neville Chamberlain would be so proud of you.
And Eisenhower and Goldwater would turn in their grave if they saw what their party and country had become.

The alternative to armed intervention is not appeasement.
Old Aug 18th 2006, 6:50 am
Maño-Americano

And Eisenhower and Goldwater would turn in their grave if they saw what their party and country had become.
The alternative to armed intervention is not appeasement.
We both agree on that one...Ronaldus Maximus probably is too.

Of course with all the shlt going on in the Me right now...Goldwater might just nuke the whole damn place.
Old Aug 18th 2006, 6:53 am
Septicity

Of course with all the shlt going on in the Me right now...Goldwater might just nuke the whole damn place.
Would make a good photo opportunity for him!

Old Aug 18th 2006, 7:27 am
Pass me the Marmite..

Again, giving the Americans too much credit. I wasn't even thinking about America in WWII - The fact remains that we went to War with Hitler before he killed mllions of people. We didn't wait. Are you saying too if we left Hitler alone he wouldn't have killed the millions thereafter ?

So, Saddam killing fewer people than are dying today is a good reason not to have gone to war. What wonderful selfish logic. You pick the history events that suit. I think we should go to war with Iran SIMPLY because A. They are building a Nuke and B. because they have said they would use one if they had one. Would you wait here too?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.