Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UKTVEverywhere

UKTVEverywhere

Old Dec 23rd 2012, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

Bayleaf_01 will become famous soon enoughBayleaf_01 will become famous soon enough
Default UKTVEverywhere

After a quick search of the forums I only came up with one result, so here goes....
Sir Alan Sugar tweeted yesterday about UKTVeverywhere.com. He is promoting it for watching UK TV from his US home.

I'm guessing if he is tweeting that it's legal????

Anyone using it? Is it worth the money??
Old Dec 23rd 2012, 7:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UKTVEverywhere

UKTV but only English channels?

(Looks dodgy to me)
Old Dec 23rd 2012, 8:11 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like something Del would be selling out of a suitcase, but i'm keeping an eye on it.
Old Dec 23rd 2012, 8:27 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
Looks like something Del would be selling out of a suitcase, but i'm keeping an eye on it.
I asked once before and someone (fatbrit???) said it probably was a rip-off, or words to that effect

Found it...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...uktveverywhere

Last edited by scrubbedexpat097; Dec 23rd 2012 at 8:29 pm. Reason: found OP
Old Dec 23rd 2012, 8:36 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

I can not see how it can be kosher , it even promotes, EPL footy, no way is that on the up and up.

It says it records everything for a week? what does that do to your bandwidth, limits and to other services you are using?

Last edited by kimilseung; Dec 23rd 2012 at 8:37 pm. Reason: Freudian slip of saying suing instead of using
Old Dec 23rd 2012, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

Bayleaf_01 will become famous soon enoughBayleaf_01 will become famous soon enough

Thanks everyone, think I'll give it a miss then

Merry Christmas everyone
Old Dec 23rd 2012, 11:05 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

By the look of it they are not offering any premium channels.

I am not sure it is any different than what people do now by using a service that allows you to bypass recognition that you are not in the UK, just more organised.

I presume they have a digital stream for each channel that they store for a week and then a portal that allows you to access.
Old Dec 24th 2012, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Markoncarp has a brilliant futureMarkoncarp has a brilliant futureMarkoncarp has a brilliant futureMarkoncarp has a brilliant futureMarkoncarp has a brilliant futureMarkoncarp has a brilliant futureMarkoncarp has a brilliant future

I've looked at this and I have to say I'm intrigued. The important factors will be as follows:

1. Are they serving the content locally? i.e. From the US. If they are, then that would more than likely be better than the current situation many of us are getting which is either relying on upload speeds at our houses in the UK (slingbox) or the throughput of VPN carriers.
2. Are they taking subscriptions on a monthly basis or is it 1 year upfront? If its monthly, then I think the risk is worth it.

I know that Alan Sugar has recently been involved in the launch of the TVnow service, which seems very similar to this. If this is just the same thing, but a US based provider, it WILL be worth the money.
Old Dec 24th 2012, 4:30 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

I was under the impression that the BBC had distribution / licensing issues for at least some of it's programming and that this was what was hampering their release of a version of the iPlayer in the U.S. and elsewhere.

If that IS the case, this thing can't be on the level.

I still hope it is though.
Old Dec 24th 2012, 5:55 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Markoncarp
I've looked at this and...........Are they taking subscriptions on a monthly basis or is it 1 year upfront? If its monthly, then I think the risk is worth it.
It would be $300 for a first month.
(130 box, 25 min monthly and 145 UK TV license)

If that IS the case, this thing can't be on the level.
If it was on the level they would have to darken the screen for anything imported to the UK and everything exported too. Might leave local news, and the odd quiz show.

Last edited by kimilseung; Dec 24th 2012 at 6:07 pm.
Old Dec 24th 2012, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by kimilseung
If it was on the level they would have to darken the screen for anything imported to the UK and everything exported too. Might leave local news, and the odd quiz show.
Bargain really then.
Old Dec 24th 2012, 6:30 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

I always consider the company iffy when the contact details do not have a verifiable address. This one has no address only contact is by phone or email.
Old Dec 24th 2012, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

cluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
I always consider the company iffy when the contact details do not have a verifiable address. This one has no address only contact is by phone or email.
And their domain is registered to an address in Minnesota. It looks like it's the address of the company that designed the website. I would guess the UKTVEverywhere company is based in SE Florida from what is on their site regarding local installation.

After a little digging, it looks like they're based here; Uk Tv Everywhere, 455 Hypoluxo Rd Lantana FL 33462 US, which is interesting because it's a storage facility. They appear to get their set top boxes from http://www.globaldigitalbroadcast.com/. Info from http://www.importgenius.com/importers/uk-tv-everywhere.

Last edited by cluedweasel; Dec 24th 2012 at 6:52 pm. Reason: Added info
Old Dec 24th 2012, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by lansbury
Trotters Independent Traders.
New York, Paris, Peckham.
Old Dec 24th 2012, 11:04 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Trotters Independent Traders.
New York, Paris, Peckham.
This time next year we'll be millionaires Rodders

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.