Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK work permit

UK work permit

Old Jul 9th 2001, 12:20 am
Posts: n/a

I would like to know since I was born in UK.and lived as a landed immigrant in Canada since 1953. Becoming a canadian citzen in 1977. I would now like to go to Uk to work and live there.I have applied for my british passport. Do I also need a work permit as well or a visa to stay there for 1 year? I plan to go in august and I cannot understand the site on the british high commission.. I would also like to know if I do not as yet have a job in UK to go to..and need to get a work visa, that i cannot put in the type of job they want to know. I am planning on going over to see my boyfriend and live in Scotland. would u please tell me what is the best way to go about this.thankyou Rhapsody
Old Jul 9th 2001, 1:31 am
Helen Rose
Posts: n/a


You should consult the Immigration & Nationality Directorate. They have a website:

You should carefully read the information on the Nationality Acts of 1981 and
previous to establish your eligibility.


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.