British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   UK Weather! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/uk-weather-301614/)

britnyank May 8th 2005 2:26 pm

UK Weather!

For any of you over there that might be missing the UK weather (!), let me give you today's report. Here we are on the 8th May and I'm looking out at my lawn which is white over with snow/hailstones for the third time this weekend! I wish I was moving to USA THIS year! :D

honeymommy May 8th 2005 2:39 pm

Re: UK Weather!

Originally Posted by britnyank
For any of you over there that might be missing the UK weather (!), let me give you today's report. Here we are on the 8th May and I'm looking out at my lawn which is white over with snow/hailstones for the third time this weekend! I wish I was moving to USA THIS year! :D

Here in Berkshire UK it's a lovely day. Sun is shining, clear sky's. Pub next door is full of family's having fun in the garden. We have birds and squirrels in the back garden. My kids are playing outside running around having fun, being loud and getting some exercise. I am cooking a curry for dinner. :D

ImHere May 8th 2005 3:39 pm

29c and sunny here.

Pimpbot May 8th 2005 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by ImHere
29c and sunny here.

29c here also with just a smidge(20%) of humidity and a low of 19c

My mum sent me a pic a few weeks back of her in the garden with snow falling. No Thanks!.

Elvira May 8th 2005 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by Pimpbot

My mum sent me a pic a few weeks back of her in the garden with snow falling. No Thanks!.

Pi$$ing again, I'm afraid... :mad:

And I didn't get breakfast in bed! :mad: :mad: :mad:

ImHere May 8th 2005 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by Pimpbot

Surprisingly we only have a pleasant 45% humidity at the moment. That will change soon im pretty certain. If I had to single out one thing that I would find hardest about going back the UK it would be the winters.

Eskimo May 8th 2005 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by DonnaElvira
Pi$$ing again, I'm afraid... :mad:

And I didn't get breakfast in bed! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Where are you in CA ? it beautiful this side of LA - and Im just doing Woodseys breakfast in bed - Im just finishing her Sausages bought esp from whole foods yesterday - king of the husbands me, got up with kids and everything :D

Pimpbot May 8th 2005 5:01 pm

I was sent to Jack in the Box this morning for breakfast. But I did cook breakfast yesterday.

britvic May 8th 2005 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by Eskimo
Where are you in CA ? it beautiful this side of LA - and Im just doing Woodseys breakfast in bed - Im just finishing her Sausages bought esp from whole foods yesterday - king of the husbands me, got up with kids and everything :D

Woodsey a lucky lady then!

USBound May 8th 2005 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by honeymommy
Here in Berkshire UK it's a lovely day. Sun is shining, clear sky's. Pub next door is full of family's having fun in the garden. We have birds and squirrels in the back garden. My kids are playing outside running around having fun, being loud and getting some exercise. I am cooking a curry for dinner. :D

hey you... you're all settled down by the sounds... everything going ok?

USBound May 8th 2005 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by Eskimo

where in LA are you?.... the sky here is white as far as the eye can see... and I'm about 10miles west of hollywood.

Eskimo May 8th 2005 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by USBound
where in LA are you?.... the sky here is white as far as the eye can see... and I'm about 10miles west of hollywood.

about 30 miles east of hollywood :D

honeymommy May 8th 2005 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by USBound
hey you... you're all settled down by the sounds... everything going ok?

hey there!!! :D Sounds like things are going great with you too. (read a few of your posts).

Things are good here. Working like a dog for the NHS myself, and enjoying it. Mr H doing well also. Kids all settled and losing their American accents, but still having trouble with some of the words.

Still have pangs for California regularly, and trying not to think about it. I guess it's the problem when you like two places but they are so far apart... Hey ho.

Booked a 2 week holiday to Cornwall and the kids are ready for boogie boarding WITH wetsuits... Brrrrrrrrr..... :eek:

Jealous of your weather an beaches by the way.... Good to see your still posting...

I am off to work now. Take care.....

tony126 May 8th 2005 9:27 pm

It will all change on the 18th May for 4 weeks or put another way I hope it bloody well does. :D