UK Visit

Old Oct 17th 2012, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

Nick1665 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Visit

Hello,

My wife and I are taking our adopted son to the UK soon to see the rest of the family. We both hold UK passports but he has a US passport (he is three years old). Can anyone tell me which queue we get in at immigration? I assume we still have to fill in a landing card on the plane for him?

Thanks in advance,
Nick
Old Oct 17th 2012, 7:45 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Visit

Originally Posted by Nick1665
Hello,

My wife and I are taking our adopted son to the UK soon to see the rest of the family. We both hold UK passports but he has a US passport (he is three years old). Can anyone tell me which queue we get in at immigration? I assume we still have to fill in a landing card on the plane for him?

Thanks in advance,
Nick
Fill out a landing card and go through the normal UK passport holders line. It will be a very hard nosed I/O if they object to landing your son.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 7:49 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

We travelled 3 on British passports and a 6 week old baby on an American passport. We were told you have to all stand in the visitor line on entering the UK. Baby got asked how long she was staying and the purpose of her visit. Laughable.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 8:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weeze
We travelled 3 on British passports and a 6 week old baby on an American passport. We were told you have to all stand in the visitor line on entering the UK. Baby got asked how long she was staying and the purpose of her visit. Laughable.
It's a matter of luck. Many on here say their non Brit family members have gone through the EU line with them...with no problem. My experience was one Christmas Day morning...Manchester Airport was very quiet...my Canadian SIL was told to go and wait in the non EU line. Merry Christmas jobsworth.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

I got through the british line with my wife and two kids this year - I was the only one with a British passport. Guy needed to go get a special stamp from one of his coworkers, but we got through okay.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 9:10 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
It's a matter of luck. Many on here say their non Brit family members have gone through the EU line with them...with no problem. My experience was one Christmas Day morning...Manchester Airport was very quiet...my Canadian SIL was told to go and wait in the non EU line. Merry Christmas jobsworth.
Little secret told to me by an I/O at Heathrow. Once you have presented yourself to an I/O for examination and admittance, they are required to deal with you regardless of which line you are in and which passport you have.

I only ever saw them say no to a family in the EU line, when someone had a non EU passport, if it was a very long line, or they had left their stamp in the office. Either was very rare.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 10:53 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

I have a friend who travelled with her two adopted kids 5 & 7, they were on American passports, she was on her British passport. They made the kids go through the non EU line, absolutely ridiculous.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 10:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
Little secret told to me by an I/O at Heathrow. Once you have presented yourself to an I/O for examination and admittance, they are required to deal with you regardless of which line you are in and which passport you have.

I only ever saw them say no to a family in the EU line, when someone had a non EU passport, if it was a very long line, or they had left their stamp in the office. Either was very rare.
I have a rule...never argue with IOs or cops.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 11:46 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed. I smiled nicely and asked if I was allowed to answer the questions for the baby.
Old Oct 18th 2012, 4:21 am
Forum Regular

NSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to all

We didn't have a problem at Heathrow going in UK citizens line - 2 adults with UK pasports and little one (6 weeks and then again at 5 mths) with US passport.

Last time was when we returned to the UK for good. They had to get a special stamp and said she could only stay for 6 mths LOL.

What are they going to do? - turn up and deport a approx 1 yr old baby. Took them years to get rid of "Mr Hook" :-)