Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Uk To Usa Terrorist Plot Foiled!!!

Uk To Usa Terrorist Plot Foiled!!!

Old Aug 10th 2006, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk To Usa Terrorist Plot Foiled!!!

Originally Posted by newbieloubie
Think good thoughts for me guys - I'm flying from JFK to Heathrow on Saturday

Liiiitle bit anxious now!!
Don't fret........ security will be at the up most, sad but probably the safest time to fly. Have a lovely time back home poppet
Old Aug 10th 2006, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

newbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tbag
Don't fret........ security will be at the up most, sad but probably the safest time to fly. Have a lovely time back home poppet
That's what I'm thinking - I'm just going to get to the airport earlier than planned.

And thank you , its a work trip but I've managed to fill every lunch hour and evening with meetups with friends/family!
Old Aug 10th 2006, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

newbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whiskers
I would think that you are even safer now as the security will be alot higher its like going to a resturant that just had the public health in and was closed for a while you know that the standards will now be impeccable.
That's what hubby said - I'll just leave more time, and be sure to wear matching socks for when I take my shoes off (unlike last time - oops!).
Old Aug 10th 2006, 1:31 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by newbieloubie
Think good thoughts for me guys - I'm flying from JFK to Heathrow on Saturday

Liiiitle bit anxious now!!

you'll be fine....just spoken to one of my friends who works for BA at LHR and she said the security checks imposed are the best she's ever seen and she's been there for yrs....our brit security is some of the best if not THE best in the world.......well done to our security/serveillance teams.... and have a fun time newbieloubie
Old Aug 10th 2006, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TruBrit
you'll be fine....just spoken to one of my friends who works for BA at LHR and she said the security checks imposed are the best she's ever seen and she's been there for yrs....our brit security is some of the best if not THE best in the world.......well done to our security/serveillance teams.... and have a fun time newbieloubie
That's great to hear - thank you.

And fun is definitely in the plan !
Old Aug 10th 2006, 1:45 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd be interested to know how far the plot had progressed. Not another repeat of the recent florida "plot", I hope.
That aside, if they can no longer carry on any baggage, then how good are the security procedures on a normal day. They've just admitted they can't detect whatever they are looking for
Old Aug 10th 2006, 1:48 pm
Captain Caaaaaaveeemaaaan

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice

Originally Posted by Chorlton
I'd be interested to know how far the plot had progressed. Not another repeat of the recent florida "plot", I hope.
That aside, if they can no longer carry on any baggage, then how good are the security procedures on a normal day. They've just admitted they can't detect whatever they are looking for
Good point Chorlton ! Long time no see !
Old Aug 10th 2006, 2:00 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

They're probably only telling the media a quarter of what is actually going on,
I doubt we'll find out anymore than they're willing to let us know.

I hope they catch all of the b*stards - wonder if they can be tried for treason?
Old Aug 10th 2006, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

englishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond repute

according to the press they have elevated the terrorist threat alert to 'critical' which they said means the attack was imminent
who knows if we will ever hear the full story
Old Aug 10th 2006, 2:37 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TN-Dave
Good point Chorlton ! Long time no see !

Hey Dave
Old Aug 10th 2006, 2:45 pm
Captain Caaaaaaveeemaaaan

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sarah
They're probably only telling the media a quarter of what is actually going on,
I doubt we'll find out anymore than they're willing to let us know.

I hope they catch all of the b*stards - wonder if they can be tried for treason?
Hopefully so, since treason is still punishable by death back home !
Old Aug 10th 2006, 2:52 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jwood
When people ask me why i want to leave England i tell them to watch the news. Enough said!

Jackie
Not really. What do you mean?
Old Aug 10th 2006, 2:54 pm
Moaning Like A Pro

Tolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond repute

Well from a selfish perspective, I'm pissed about the new restructuring of airport regulations as a result of this plot. If there aren't enough inconviences now - including removing belts and shoes, opening your wallet, having to boot up your laptop to prove it's legit, having hand luggage and cases repeatedly searched and scanned, now we have some more.

The Uk has put some new rules in place temporarily while they take care of the current threat, but now there are rumblings that these will become permanent regulations. They include:

- All cabin baggage must be processed as hold baggage, and placed in the hold of passenger aircraft departing UK airports. You can longer bring on a small bag to aid with passing the journey

- Passengers must carry all carry-on items through the airport security search point, in a single, transparent plastic carrier bag - and not in pockets - including all pocket size wallets and purses, essential travel documents, prescription medicines, spectacles and contact lens holders, baby food and milk, sanitary items and keys - but no electrical key fobs.

- Only wheelchairs provided by airports will be allowed through security screening points, while passengers boarding flights to the USA must undergo a second indepth search at the boarding gate.

Flying is already a miserable experience, involving hours of standing, waiting and being searched. Now it's only going to get worse. The fact that most of the searching takes place at random doesn't help either. That's nothing more than a lottery (while waiting for ticket to be processed, I ask an airport rep why she was taking a tally...she jokingly told me that every fiftieth person is the "winner" of an extra search. What is the point? Either search everybody or nobody).

The only answer is a significant investment in technology to check people faster and more efficiently. And then these terrorists, and their families, should be executed as an example.

Last edited by Tolos; Aug 10th 2006 at 3:00 pm.
Old Aug 10th 2006, 2:56 pm
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TN-Dave
Hopefully so, since treason is still punishable by death back home !
Not any more http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital...gdom#Abolition

Banned under the Human Rights Act (no great f ucking surprise there!)
Old Aug 10th 2006, 2:58 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess the terrorists have found a way round the existing security measures. What can we say? It must add up logically in their sick and twisted minds, really at a loss to know how.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.