Reload this Page >

UK to USA in 7 years

UK to USA in 7 years

Old Oct 29th 2011, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

rigpig is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK to USA in 7 years

Hi there all!

Just registered, I’m almost 15yrs into my 22 years of service to her Majesty.

My better half is in management of a large US company in the UK/Europe office.

We're both UK citizens, 35 43 respectively, both in good health with no Children.

I would like help to try and plan a future post Military in the US.

We have visited the USA a bit over the past 13 years both on holiday and with work. From Florida (don’t start on me, I know) to Texas, New york, Washington, Dayton OH, Las Vegas, and lots of strange Military places I don’t remember.

How can we spend my last few years in the mob making our dream a reality?

Thanks for reading

Rigpig
Old Oct 29th 2011, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

Married2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK to USA in 7 years

Check out Pulaski's Ways in the wiki at the top of the USA section.
Old Oct 29th 2011, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

discoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond repute

In the wiki already referred to you will find this:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulaski_Simplified

If you can answer yes to one or more of the questions listed there, you may have a shot. Otherwise, you will not be going to the US as anything other than a visitor.

Employment based immigration through your wife seems like your best option, unless her employment situation change over the next 7 years.

Last edited by discoviking; Oct 29th 2011 at 4:57 pm.
Old Oct 29th 2011, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rigpig View Post
Hi there all!

Just registered, I’m almost 15yrs into my 22 years of service to her Majesty.

My better half is in management of a large US company in the UK/Europe office.

We're both UK citizens, 35 43 respectively, both in good health with no Children.

I would like help to try and plan a future post Military in the US.

We have visited the USA a bit over the past 13 years both on holiday and with work. From Florida (don’t start on me, I know) to Texas, New york, Washington, Dayton OH, Las Vegas, and lots of strange Military places I don’t remember.

How can we spend my last few years in the mob making our dream a reality?

Thanks for reading

Rigpig
I'm a UK citizen who served for Uncle Sam.

I don't understand your question?

The UK military presence in the US ended in 1776 I think? Do you want to start something new?
Old Oct 29th 2011, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

rigpig is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cheers View Post
I'm a UK citizen who served for Uncle Sam.

I don't understand your question?

The UK military presence in the US ended in 1776 I think? Do you want to start something new?
LOL nah, I want to have a life in the US after my military Career.
Old Oct 29th 2011, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rigpig View Post
LOL nah, I want to have a life in the US after my military Career.
I worked with a ex RAF in Las Vegas. He barely made a living in Las Vegas.
OK, can I think of any success stories? I'm thinking......