Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK/US Credit Ratings

UK/US Credit Ratings

Old Nov 29th 2005, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

MrsBeer:30 is a jewel in the roughMrsBeer:30 is a jewel in the roughMrsBeer:30 is a jewel in the roughMrsBeer:30 is a jewel in the rough
Default UK/US Credit Ratings

For a number of reasons my credit in the UK wasn't exemplary and though everything's now paid off I'm still not past the 7 years or whatever it is to have it cleared from your record.

Hubby and I will be buying a new house here - will my poor UK credit affect us?
Old Nov 29th 2005, 1:25 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK/US Credit Ratings

Originally Posted by MrsBeer:30
For a number of reasons my credit in the UK wasn't exemplary and though everything's now paid off I'm still not past the 7 years or whatever it is to have it cleared from your record.

At the risk of sounding rude... oh, what the hell. There are endless, endless threads about exactly this question on these boards. Use the search function, and if you don't find an answer to your specific question (you will) then by all means ask us to go through it all again.

Short answer: No, it won't.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 2:17 pm

Shahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dbj1000
At the risk of sounding rude... oh, what the hell. There are endless, endless threads about exactly this question on these boards. Use the search function, and if you don't find an answer to your specific question (you will) then by all means ask us to go through it all again.

Give the person a break. She only had 4 posts so is obviously new.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 7:16 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Errr...UK credit won't affect you here, but having bugger all US credit will....and to find out more, well there's loads of threads on the subject, even recent ones you could look through, not to mention the faq at the top of the US lifestyle forum...
Old Nov 29th 2005, 7:48 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shahlax
Give the person a break. She only had 4 posts so is obviously new.
True, but I'm not a very nice person. Perhaps you'd like to search the forums for her and provide links to all the threads that answer her question? That would be a very nice, useful thing to do, and I'm sure she'd thank you for it.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 8:11 pm
C'mon you Dragons

Schnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to behold

True, but I'm not a very nice person. Perhaps you'd like to search the forums for her and provide links to all the threads that answer her question? That would be a very nice, useful thing to do, and I'm sure she'd thank you for it.
Ooooh, get you!! Not everyone is savvy with forum etiquette. Surely we should encourage new members and perhaps guide them towards searches and faq's rather than flame them and scare them into never posting again?
Old Nov 29th 2005, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

redlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MrsBeer:30

If you buy the property from the UK your UK credit history does not matter at all. All you will need is a copy of your passport, a letter confirming 2 years employment history and a letter confirming a bank account has been held for 2 years and has been operated in an acceptable manner. That’s it. You don’t need to prove how much you earn and will not be asked for any UK credit history. You will be able to get 80% of the properties appraised value.
Hope this helps.
Redlobster
Old Nov 29th 2005, 9:03 pm
Arrogant ****

Originally Posted by Schnorbitz
Ooooh, get you!! Not everyone is savvy with forum etiquette. Surely we should encourage new members and perhaps guide them towards searches and faq's rather than flame them and scare them into never posting again?
I not only pointed her towards the search function, but I also answered her question. I did so rudely, but warned her in advance.

Really, if you're all such nice helpful people, why not answer her damned question, rather than moaning about the tone of my reply?
Old Nov 29th 2005, 9:11 pm
C'mon you Dragons

Schnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to behold

I not only pointed her towards the search function, but I also answered her question. I did so rudely, but warned her in advance.

Really, if you're all such nice helpful people, why not answer her damned question, rather than moaning about the tone of my reply?
Oh OK, as long as you warn someone you're going to be rude then fine, go ahead. It doesn't hurt to be nice or polite. Where's the sense in being rude for the sake of it?
Old Nov 29th 2005, 9:21 pm
Arrogant ****

Oh OK, as long as you warn someone you're going to be rude then fine, go ahead. It doesn't hurt to be nice or polite. Where's the sense in being rude for the sake of it?
ROFL! You've been a BE member quite long enough to know what a nice, quiet, polite bunch we are! Eh, Ray?

Actually, you'll find that I generally try very hard to help answer people's questions... if they haven't been asked 1000 times already. As for people who don't use the Search function before asking a question...
Old Nov 29th 2005, 9:23 pm
Arrogant ****

By the way, you still haven't been charming enough to actually answer MrsBeer:30's question.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 9:31 pm
C'mon you Dragons

ROFL! You've been a BE member quite long enough to know what a nice, quiet, polite bunch we are! Eh, Ray?
That's a point well made.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 9:33 pm
C'mon you Dragons

By the way, you still haven't been charming enough to actually answer MrsBeer:30's question.
What was her question?
Old Nov 29th 2005, 9:36 pm
C'mon you Dragons

Only kidding. When I applied for a mortgage The Bank of America would not accept a UK credit report but they did ask for credit reference letters from my bank, credit card company and various utility companies. They only wanted to establish a good credit relationship for the previous 12 months; if you can prove this you should be OK. That was with my application; everyone seems to be different.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

MrsBeer:30 is a jewel in the roughMrsBeer:30 is a jewel in the roughMrsBeer:30 is a jewel in the roughMrsBeer:30 is a jewel in the rough

I did actually search and couldn't find what I was looking for - hence the question

To the helpful ones though - thank you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.