Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Tv & Video

UK Tv & Video

Old Dec 26th 2002, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold
Default UK Tv & Video

I have an extensive video collection and was wondering whether my uk video player linked to my uk tv would work in the usa if I had the right plug adaptors ?
Old Dec 26th 2002, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

trasler is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK Tv & Video

Yes it would.

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
I have an extensive video collection and was wondering whether my uk video player linked to my uk tv would work in the usa if I had the right plug adaptors ?
Old Dec 26th 2002, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

trasler is an unknown quantity at this point

When you say plug adapters, I assume you mean power adapters rather than TV / video connection cables.

Old Dec 27th 2002, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Yes, adaptors to convert a 3 pin plug to 2 pin usa system. I assumed I would not need any special leads. I also assumed that the tv would not be able to pick up the tv signals. Cheers for the info
Old Dec 27th 2002, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

suebo is on a distinguished road

DS
Unless you have a dual system PAL/NTSC, your TV will not work. We bought over two TV's and one worked and one didn't. You will also need a dual voltage TV or you will have to buy a converter - around US$70. Then you will need a plug adaptor as well. If you have the right equipment, your Video will work. CHeck that the Video is dual volt as well. If you have the dual TV and not dual video, you will still have to buy the converter for the video.