Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK tax return advice

UK tax return advice

Old Sep 1st 2009, 1:25 pm
Just Joined

Metro2828 is just really niceMetro2828 is just really niceMetro2828 is just really niceMetro2828 is just really niceMetro2828 is just really niceMetro2828 is just really niceMetro2828 is just really niceMetro2828 is just really nice
Default Re: UK tax return advice

I submitted mine online directly to HMRC a couple of weeks ago. I called CNR to ask (because I had a letter from them telling me to file online and a website telling me I couldn't), and eventually got put through to the technical support people who told me it's a known issue and just to put in a dummy postcode to get access to all the forms, then add a comment at the end explaining what I did. No idea if that's the officially approved procedure - and it's not going to work if there's some other reason you aren't getting access to the forms - but it seemed to do the job for me (I got all the usual notifications and receipts at the end). Mine's just a house rental and I don't owe them anything, so I was keen to avoid messing around with a stack of paper forms if I could.