Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Tax Rebate, and Paying NIC's

UK Tax Rebate, and Paying NIC's

Old Dec 10th 2019, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 116
Aquapanther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Tax Rebate, and Paying NIC's

Hi all, I've been a USPR since Jan 2019, and before that I was on an L1 visa from Aug 2017. Before that I traveled back and forward between UK and US for about 18 months.
It became clear that I was due to pay US tax, and the company paid for a tax attorney to review things. They ascertained that I needed to pay US tax as far back as 2016 and submitted a tax return to the IRS on my behalf for 2016 and 2017, which was accepted and paid. I filed 2018 taxes jointly with my US wife.
I got a partial tax return from HMRC for 2017 but I think may be due some back for 2016 too. Any advice on how I go about claiming this?

Also how do I start making voluntary NIC's?

Thanks all.

Aquapanther is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.