Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Uk Solictor help with my Uncle's will in the UK via contingency.

Uk Solictor help with my Uncle's will in the UK via contingency.

Old Aug 21st 2019, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

Matthew13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Uk Solictor help with my Uncle's will in the UK via contingency.

Looking for a Solicitor in the UK to help with my Uncle's will there. I need someone willing to look at this under contingency payment.
thank you.
Old Aug 21st 2019, 7:50 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk Solictor help with my Uncle's will in the UK via contingency.

Originally Posted by Matthew13
Looking for a Solicitor in the UK to help with my Uncle's will there. I need someone willing to look at this under contingency payment.
thank you.
How does one review a will on contingency—wouldn’t that require an unfortunate outcome for your uncle? Or is contingency different in the UK!
Old Aug 21st 2019, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

Matthew13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Unfortunately yes, my Uncle is in the last stages of Dementia.
Old Aug 21st 2019, 9:42 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am only aware of one type of contingency payment definition and do not see how this relates.
Old Aug 21st 2019, 9:52 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
I am only aware of one type of contingency payment definition and do not see how this relates.
That was my feeling. And if the OP's uncle is in the final stages of dementia, how is it possible for him to make a will? Seems as if it is too late.
Old Aug 21st 2019, 9:56 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Matthew13
thank you.
I am not quite sure what this means , although I did have a quick google.

If your uncle has made his last will surely his executors will action come the time. Hopefully said executor is a bank or solicitor rather than a family member as this often causes dust ups.

Do you have knowledge of & are wanting to contest this will in some way then . A kind of no win no fee or a % payment for a win? I am not sure that is the way to go. Just contest the will and pay the legal fees.

If you are concerned that your uncle is being manipulated in some way regarding any assets he may have , or that a person has obtained a power of attorney and is abusing that position of trust then you should contact The Office of the Public Guardian. immediately.
They will help , advise and act as needs be.