British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Uk Solictor help with my Uncle's will in the UK via contingency. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/uk-solictor-help-my-uncles-will-uk-via-contingency-927382/)

Matthew13 Aug 21st 2019 7:16 pm

Uk Solictor help with my Uncle's will in the UK via contingency.

Looking for a Solicitor in the UK to help with my Uncle's will there. I need someone willing to look at this under contingency payment.
thank you.

Nutmegger Aug 21st 2019 7:50 pm

Re: Uk Solictor help with my Uncle's will in the UK via contingency.

Originally Posted by Matthew13 (Post 12725869)
Looking for a Solicitor in the UK to help with my Uncle's will there. I need someone willing to look at this under contingency payment.
thank you.

How does one review a will on contingency—wouldn’t that require an unfortunate outcome for your uncle? Or is contingency different in the UK!

Matthew13 Aug 21st 2019 8:09 pm

Unfortunately yes, my Uncle is in the last stages of Dementia.

scrubbedexpat099 Aug 21st 2019 9:42 pm

I am only aware of one type of contingency payment definition and do not see how this relates.

Nutmegger Aug 21st 2019 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by Boiler (Post 12725938)
I am only aware of one type of contingency payment definition and do not see how this relates.

That was my feeling. And if the OP's uncle is in the final stages of dementia, how is it possible for him to make a will? Seems as if it is too late.

BEVS Aug 21st 2019 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by Matthew13 (Post 12725869)
thank you.

I am not quite sure what this means , although I did have a quick google.

If your uncle has made his last will surely his executors will action come the time. Hopefully said executor is a bank or solicitor rather than a family member as this often causes dust ups.

Do you have knowledge of & are wanting to contest this will in some way then . A kind of no win no fee or a % payment for a win? I am not sure that is the way to go. Just contest the will and pay the legal fees.

If you are concerned that your uncle is being manipulated in some way regarding any assets he may have , or that a person has obtained a power of attorney and is abusing that position of trust then you should contact The Office of the Public Guardian. immediately.
They will help , advise and act as needs be.